Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Ultimate 2013-14 Pistons Game Thread

Game 47 (2/3/14): Pistons @ Heat

Hopefully the Pistons can get back on track for a top-8 pick.

Josh Smith thinking about this team's future and we appreciate it. Misses 15 shots and turns the ball over 6 times. Keep it up Josh.

Pistons currently own the 10th worst record at 19-28, 0.5 game up on NY. 3.5 up on a grouping of teams in the 5-7 area, which would be ideal...5th guarantees top 8 pick.

Smith is posting a .458 TS% on the season.

Wow, i didn't think it was even possible to be THAT inefficient.

This is one of the most pathetic seasons i've ever seen out of a player that's getting the kind of salary he is getting.

You think the guy keeps shooting BECAUSE he is getting paid so much that he feels he HAS to shoot this much? Or do you think it's just him thinking he is the main piece of this team? IDK..... this team is very upsetting. I had high hopes at the beginning of this season until I saw Josh Smith play the 3..... All down hill from there...

Game 49 (2/7/14): Nets @ Pistons

Pistons start a lengthy home stand tonight, the next 5 are at the Place with 8 of 9 at home overall

Pistons head into the all-star break with a record of 22-30.

They currently own the 10th worst record, 2 games ahead of New York and 4.5 games ahead of the 4th worst record (Sacramento).

The small win streak has helped them stick around 10, but a top 8 pick is still within reach.

Game 53 (2/18/14): Bobcats @ Pistons

A half-serious dilemma...

Wonder how the Bobcats want to handle these two games...if they lose, they improve their draft slot and it increases the chance that they get the Pistons pick, but it could hurt their chances to make the playoffs (if that matters)...if they win, they'll stay in the playoff race, but it increases the chance that the Pistons keep their pick.

This game is getting ugly, the Bobcats have missed 12 free throws and are still up 52-39 nearing the end of the half...

77-58, Al Jefferson is manhandling our big men. The Pistons meanwhile have to get their act together on both sides of the ball. Smith needs to start playing PF, no more outside shots for him. Rodney Stuckey is 1-10. Make a move Joe D.

With the loss the Pistons keep the 10th worst record in the NBA. Currently 1.5 games ahead of Cleveland and 4 games ahead of the 4th worst teams (Sacramento & Lakers).

Back