Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Ultimate 2013-14 Pistons Game Thread

I always laugh at fans that think that organizations are going to tank, the players are going to try to win EVERY game regardless of the circumstances with draft position. Certain players are going to try hard because they are playing for a new contract. The draft is a crapshoot and there are no guarantees even if by some miracle that you do actually win the lottery.

Normally I'd agree with you. But this isn't about trying to get a #1 overall pick. It's about getting a 1st round pick in general.

You're confusing thinking a team will try to tank with hoping they lose enough games to secure that 1st round pick. Obviously the players will try hard. For example, I don't think Josh Smith is chucking terrible 3 balls at a ridiculous rate because he wants to lose, I just think he's fucking terrible (like most of this team).

Normally I'd agree with you. But this isn't about trying to get a #1 overall pick. It's about getting a 1st round pick in general.

You're confusing thinking a team will try to tank with hoping they lose enough games to secure that 1st round pick. Obviously the players will try hard. For example, I don't think Josh Smith is chucking terrible 3 balls at a ridiculous rate because he wants to lose, I just think he's fucking terrible (like most of this team).

That's what really pisses me off about the Josh Smith signing, this is who he is and always has been. no other team wanted him for the amount of money he wanted, and Dumars basically outbid himself and forced him into playing SF when anyone with a brain could see this would fail, since he's a poor shooter and would be shooting more perimeter shots than he would at PF. the fucked up thing is, he actually believes he is a good shooter (no joke, he actually said this). Dumars is such an idiot.

That's what really pisses me off about the Josh Smith signing, this is who he is and always has been. no other team wanted him for the amount of money he wanted, and Dumars basically outbid himself and forced him into playing SF when anyone with a brain could see this would fail, since he's a poor shooter and would be shooting more perimeter shots than he would at PF. the fucked up thing is, he actually believes he is a good shooter (no joke, he actually said this). Dumars is such an idiot.

It really is amazing how bone headed it was. Everyone saw this coming. This blows the Darko decision out of the water. Might even be as bad as Gordon/Charlie V.

101-92 mavs midway through the 4th, Will Bynum is opted in crunch time instead of Jennings for the 2nd straight game.

Drummond had 5 fouls in 20 minutes, ouch.

another poor defensive effort by the Pistons, too much dribble penetration and poor perimeter defense as per usual.

Hot start for the Pistons, 22-15 midway through the 1st, Drummond and O'Neal exchange a few words...

8 points and 4 assists for Will Bynum off the bench 57-54 Warriors with two to go in the half.

Josh Smith knocks down a buzzer beater from the FT line; The Pistons go into the half trailing 63-62, decent effort thus far against a solid team.

75-75 deep into the 3rd, the Pistons are hanging tough, fast break points and pounding the paint has been key.

83-81 pistons at the end of the 3rd, more fast break points with a sick behind the back pass from Jennings to Monroe.

Back