Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Blue Jays @ Tigers 6-7-2016 Game 58

Man we stole that game! Got away with walking nearly the entire team and the bats didn't wake up til the 9th.

Ian Kinsler: Had just the walk in the sixth but he knocked in the RBI double in the ninth, scored the tying run, and hit the game-winning single in the 10th.

Ninth and 10th innings: Jose Iglesias got the party started, but Ian Kinsler drove in the first run on a double. Miguel Cabrera then smoked an RBI double to right-center after getting buzzed by Roberto Osuna at face level.

Justin Upton: Broke up Aaron Sanchez's no-hitter with a leadoff double in the third. He later singled in the 10th.

Matt Boyd: He limited the damage to just one run (a homer) on three hits. He did walk five, but with those inconsistencies, it could've been a lot worse.

STREAKS AND STATS:
Victor Martinez struck out three times against Aaron Sanchez on Tuesday night, marking the eighth three-strikeout game of his career. His last was on May 13, 2015 vs. the Twins in a 6-2 loss.

The Tigers have been struck out 12 times tonight, their eighth game this year in which 12-or-more batters went down swinging. The last was on June 2 vs. NYY (13 struck out).

Ian Kinsler's walkoff single marked the eighth walkoff hit of his career. His last was on Sept. 19, 2015 against the Royals.

Tigers win on my birthday again! !!!! 3 or 4 in a row on June 7th.. very exciting game on the radio !!!!

Devon Travis
Ab r h 2b 3b hr rbi sb cs bb so avg obp slg ops
46 7 8 1 0 1 5 1 0 3 11 .174 .224 .261 .485

i know he has been battling injury and hasn't gotten too many AB since back but damn.

Somehow Capt. Parmenter managed to not get in the way of this team even though it's exactly what he was trying to do and he even failed at that. Thankfully Smoak made the wrong play after Iglesias bunted to the wrong side of the field and we avoided the travesty of loading the bases for that hitting machine Romine and watching Maybin hit for Cabrera. But hey(!) they won, just as McClellan "won" the battle of Antietam.

Somehow Capt. Parmenter managed to not get in the way of this team even though it's exactly what he was trying to do and he even failed at that. Thankfully Smoak made the wrong play after Iglesias bunted to the wrong side of the field and we avoided the travesty of loading the bases for that hitting machine Romine and watching Maybin hit for Cabrera. But hey(!) they won, just as McClellan "won" the battle of Antietam.
I didn't understand resting Maybin and McCann when both have been hitting well of late. It all worked out as you said, but his decision making is puzzling sometimes. Ride the guys who are cold as ice, then sit them once they heat up. I don't get it.

I didn't understand resting Maybin and McCann when both have been hitting well of late. It all worked out as you said, but his decision making is puzzling sometimes. Ride the guys who are cold as ice, then sit them once they heat up. I don't get it.

The lineup card I received from mlb.com for the 6-8-16 game has Mike Aviles hitting second.

2016 PA 53 AVG .180 OPB .241 SLG .220 wOBA .212 wRC 25 BB% 5.4 K% 23.2

This guy should be bagging groceries at Harris Teeter and he's hitting second today between Kinsler and Cabrera. Unbelievable. But not, with Capt. Parmenter in command.

OH! And Romine is ALSO in the lineup, hitting 8th.

Last edited:
The lineup card I received from mlb.com for the 6-8-16 game has Mike Aviles hitting second.

2016 PA 53 AVG .180 OPB .241 SLG .220 wOBA .212 wRC 25 BB% 5.4 K% 23.2

This guy should be bagging groceries at Harris Teeter and he's hitting second today between Kinsler and Cabrera. Unbelievable. But not, with Capt. Parmenter in command.

OH! And Romine is ALSO in the lineup, hitting 8th.
Ugh... really?

Ugh... really?

Ckb7-sWUoAIYe1f.jpg

I am Ian Kinsler and I think this lineup was written by someone in the Tigers' ticket office as a prank.

MIGUEL CABRERA COMES UP CLUTCH AGAIN.
Cabrera hit a game-tying double off Blue Jays closer Roberto Osuna on Tuesday. That's his 30th game-tying or go-ahead hit in the ninth inning or later, third-most in the majors since his rookie season in 2003, per ESPN Stats & Info.

Back