Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs Yankees 6-12-16 Game 62

Tigers beat the yankees 4 - 1
Fulmer 6 innings 2 hits 0 runs
Fulmer's scoreless streak at 28 1/3 innings
Kinsler Homerun
TigersVictoryCigar

Michael Fulmer - Let the numbers wash over you. In his last five starts: 34 1/3 innings pitched, one run allowed on 13 hits, 37 strikeouts to 10 walks. That's good for a 0.26 ERA and a 0.670 WHIP.
Fulmer became just the second pitcher in major league history to throw four consecutive outings of six-plus scoreless innings while allowing three or fewer hits, according to Baseball-Reference.com, joining Cubs right-hander Jake Arrieta.

Miguel Cabrera - Hit a single and a double, and scored the first run of the day, which was the only one the Tigers needed with Fulmer on the mound.

Ian Kinsler - Drew a walk in the fifth inning, and came around to score with some head's-up baserunning on a single and a groundout, and the homerun.

STREAKS AND STATS:
Today marked Miguel Cabrera's 2,000th career game played, and he led off the afternoon with a double for his 2,400th career hit. Cabrera is the fifth-youngest player to reach the milestone, and the only active player under the age of 36 with at least 2,400 hits.

Ian Kinsler extended his on-base streak to seven games with a fifth-inning walk, and a seventh-inning home run. The dinger was his 13th of the season, and it marked the fifth time this season he has hit home runs in back-to-back games.

http://m.tigers.mlb.com/det/video/search?team_id=116&tagName=Detroit Tigers
Webvideo Highlights from the Tigers 4 - 1 win over the yankees.

Last edited:
Is it too early to say the tigers win the porcello/cespedes/fullmer deal?

I mean dude is dealing

Is it too early to say the tigers win the porcello/cespedes/fullmer deal?

I mean dude is dealing

When you consider how long he's under team control, how he's performing, etc...I don't think it's too early.

I think I heard it was our first series win at the new Yankee Stadium. Is that true ?

I think I heard it was our first series win at the new Yankee Stadium. Is that true ?

Yup.. Kinda feels like beating Yankees-Lite team though, that lineup is far from intimidating. Good series win though.

Michael Fulmer's feats:
There is seemingly no end to historical significance of Michael Fulmer?s stingy ways over his last five starts.

For example, he is the first rookie to throw four straight shutouts since Grover Alexander ? in 1911.

Fulmer is riding a consecutive scoreless innings streak of 28⅓going back to the seventh inning of his start against Tampa Bay on May 21. That is the longest streak in the majors this season and the second longest by a Tigers rookie behind John Hiller?s 28⅔ innings streak in 1967.

According to the Elias Sports Bureau, Fulmer's streak is the longest by a rookie starter since Orel Hershiser threw 32.0 straight scoreless innings in 1984.

Also researched by Elias, his run of four starts of six or more scoreless innings with three or less hits allowed has been matched only by the Cubs Jake Arriett since since 1893, when the mound was moved out to 60 feet, 6 inches away from the plate.

Back