Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. whitesox 6-13-16 Game 63

How demoralizing. I was doing homework last night and saw 7-0. then 7-4....7-6....basically knew we'd somehow give it away. Went to bed. Woke up at 4:30, check phone....damn. The momentum shifted very quickly and I hate to be a negative nancy but I'm preparing to get swept. Ohh, and why recall Farmer? Bradly doesn't have the common sense to use him. He will continue to give the ball to idiots who surrender runs on the first pitch like A. Wilson. Stuck with Boyd WAY too long last night, guy was clearly getting hit hard. Then good ole' Hand-a-ball-right-down-the-pipe-Sanchez tossing BP in the 12th.

/rant

251.jpg

Even from the distant vantage point of mlb updates on my phone I could whiff the stench of this game. Early leads are never comfortable leads.

Ugly loss last night. Boyd sucked, as did Parnell. Our offense was going good, and Greene looked great again. Gotta win games like this.

What is the rationale behind limited Greene to 1 IP every game? He certainly has the stamina to go longer...are the Tigers basically committed to converting him into a set up man at this point? I've noticed at least a handful of games where Greene does work, then gets pulled after an inning, and then the other relievers struggle (to an extent).

Tough loss last night, go up 7-0 suxs had looked completely atrocious shields was terrible yet the Tigers still lose in the end...no more laugher suggestions in the 2nd inning rod!

Lol

Get it back tonight

What is the rationale behind limited Greene to 1 IP every game? He certainly has the stamina to go longer...are the Tigers basically committed to converting him into a set up man at this point? I've noticed at least a handful of games where Greene does work, then gets pulled after an inning, and then the other relievers struggle (to an extent).

I questioned that last night at first also. But he pitched a clean 8th, so you hand the ball over to your closer for the 9th in a 2 run game. It was the right move. Had he not come in until the 10th I'd imagine they use him for more than 1 inning.

I don't mind that. They find something he's good at, going 1 inning as a RP - lets not mess with it too much.

I don't think Boyd is going to work out at the #4-5 and I would like to see Greene say in the pen absolutely. I don't think Sanchez is any good anymore either so whom shall they try at the #4 or 5 spot now? Norris? I say 4 or 5 because i'm not sure where we are putting Pelfrey. We rail on him all the time but by the end of the day he's a serviceable #5 IMO.

I think i'd like to see Jimenez, Norris and JaCoby Jones brought up. I was against Jones being brought up to sit the bench, but with the fact that Aviles has played so damn much(8 of last 15 games counting his start at 3B tonight), I'd rather see Jones get those starts. I wouldnt mind seeing Norris up to eat some innings like last night when the starter doesn't make it through 5 innings. I'd rather see Jimenez get his 50-60 innings up here instead of the minors. He's been unhittable at every level.

To me, neither Sanchez nor Pelfrey warrant being a starter right now. With that said, at least Sanchez has been good in the past. Pelfrey hasn't.

DET has two of the worst pitch framing catchers in the game. Neither, except McCann's throwing out runners, are known as good defensive catchers/game callers. While they aren't the sole reason our pitchers suck at times and allow inheriting runners to score, they have a contributing effect.

Has anyone figured out why the Tigers made room for Parnell on the 40-man roster when they brought him?

Maybe they figured he was healthy and with pitching in minor able to get his command and control back. ex-closer in the late innings mix, I was for it back then. But he hasn't improved. Idk if he is throwing a straight ball with no movement or what,
but like several others said here, the game was getting a terrible smell to it as soon as assmus let Boyd go back out. wtf kind of catcher manager can't see what is going on when he leaves pitchers in and then brings in relievers who are terrible coming into a game mid inning....inherited runners scoring.

To me, neither Sanchez nor Pelfrey warrant being a starter right now. With that said, at least Sanchez has been good in the past. Pelfrey hasn't.

DET has two of the worst pitch framing catchers in the game. Neither, except McCann's throwing out runners, are known as good defensive catchers/game callers. While they aren't the sole reason our pitchers suck at times and allow inheriting runners to score, they have a contributing effect.

Spot on with our catchers framing pitches..Alex was so much better at it.

Back