Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers @ White Soxs 6-14-16 Game #64

From the team notes thread from KC

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2016/06/...all-star-game/
Tigers Fans Neglecting Their All-Star-Game Duty.
CBSDetroit

So are we neglecting or just not motivated, I've been wishy washing getting to the voting, they limit you to five per day this year and I haven't done it but just 4 or 5 nights thus far, Kinsler definitely deserves to be higher than 4th and JD isn't even in the top 15 out fielders, Nick should be higher as well..all in all though I never vote for my tigers unless I think they deserve it..unlike Kansas City fan still voting for Omar Fifa, seriously Kansas City bunch of tards, I've gone with Kinsler, Nick earlier, Miggy and victor some of the time and JD just tonight as he's finally hitting more consistently again and has that ave back up thier nicely...

Besides its in San Diego who wants any of the guys to have another west coast trip would rather have them all get the rest and heal time

Last edited:
Aviles hurt on a dive attempt at third, looks like he hurt the wrist fairly bad who gets the injury replacmeant call up?

Last edited:
Mark Lowe coming in for the 9th hopefully a five run lead is enough for him

Sigh 0-2 pitch none the less can you get two more flippin outs lowe?

Bradley probably better get someone up in the pen because Lowe is freaking a bust sadly :/

Nice work Lowe. 1 inning pitch 2 er. !!!!!!!!!! 5.5 million per year right ?

Mystery as to why Brad scrambled to get Greene and krod up after already having pitched three days in a row with a lefty on deck and j Wilson having should have been fresh but whatever Lowe gets the next two and the tigers hold on to win 11-8..I honestly think Lowe was over used earlier in the year and is now struggling for it..jmo

Zimmerman gets the win to move to 9-3 but he'll probebly be the first to say he wasn't very good tonight for the second straight start

Last edited:
I hope we designate lettuce and put Mike on the dl and call some young blood up..

Mystery as to why Brad scrambled to get Greene and krod up after already having pitched three days in a row with a lefty on deck and j Wilson having should have been fresh but whatever Lowe gets the next two and the tigers hold on to win 11-8..I honestly think Lowe was over used earlier in the year and is now struggling for it..jmo

Probably as good a opinion as any. But man 0-2 I just will never understand those hits..Ever.

Least we got the win after gaging yesterday's 7 run lead away.. maybe we can get lucky verses Sale tomorrow.

Least we got the win after gaging yesterday's 7 run lead away.. maybe we can get lucky verses Sale tomorrow.

Hope so although probebly still missing or a less than 100% vmart won't help since he owns sale. Need to take the same approach on him they took last time at home

Looks like Mike just rolled his wrist. Slight sprain Maybe but not broken.

Last edited:
http://m.tigers.mlb.com/det/video/search?team_id=116&tagName=Detroit Tigers
Webvideo highlights from the win.

The offense: Eleven runs on 16 hits and eight walks? Useful.

J.D. Martinez: Deserving of a special shoutout thanks to a 3-for-3 night with three doubles and two walks. Martinez has reached base nine times in the first two games of this series.

Miguel Cabrera: Another four-hit game for Miggy, his third of the season.

Jordan Zimmermann: Zimm was fortunate his offense went bonkers in this game, because he was not sharp for the second start in a row. He allowed a pair of runs in the first inning, and while some would argue the score played a role in his later struggles, he finished the night with a rather ugly line.

The defense: Three errors and a couple of other subtle miscues didn?t help Zimmermann?s cause.

Injuries: Both J.D. Martinez and Jose Iglesias appeared to come up limping a bit at points in this game, and Mike Aviles left the game with a wrist injury in the bottom of the eighth inning. For a team that was already without Cameron Maybin and Victor Martinez due to various maladies, they can ill-afford more injuries of any sort.

STREAKS AND STATS:
This was the fourth time the Tigers have scored 10 or more runs in a game, and the ninth time they have topped the nine-run mark. The Tigers are 7-2 in such games in 2016.

White Sox outfielder Adam the bearded clam Eaton has six hits in the first two games of this series. He is not to be trusted.

James McCann has caught 12 of 22 attempted base stealers this season.

Back