Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers @ White Soxs 6-15-2016 Game 65

ON CONCERN OVER V-MART: Wednesday marked the third straight game Victor Martinez was not a part of the Tigers' starting lineup.

Manager Brad Ausmus has remained mum on Martinez' status, only saying he's suffering from a bruised knee.

Turns out, Detroit's designated hitter recently had a cortisone shot for the pain.

"He should be fine to DH," Avila said. "His issue, like Brad mentioned, is running the bases. When he hits the bag and things of that nature. It doesn't hurt him to swing the bat. We're going to give him some more time off here, and obviously he'€™ll be available today to hit and he?€™ll be available to actually play in the game (Thursday) as a DH."

Last edited:
This team ever going to find a lefty out of the pen that can actually come on and get a lefty bat out when ya need it

Last edited:
Sanchez coming in now with em loaded, yeah I'm sure that'll end well. /s

Last edited:
Still .500 on this trip. Could be worse.

Really need to get the BP in order.

Jose Iglesias: He hit a home run off of Chris Sale, which is such a hilariously YCPB event that I almost can?t handle it.
Jos? Iglesias: 2-run HR off Chris Sale. His 7 hits off Sale are his 2nd-most against any pitcher (CC Sabathia - 9).

Anibal Sanchez: It could have gone a lot worse in the seventh, but he put the fire out pretty well.

Mike Pelfrey: Another mediocre-to-bad start from Pelfrey. He can?t be successful if he walks more batters than he strikes out, which has been a disturbing trend recently for Pelfrey.
Opponents have an .836 OPS against #Tigers Mike Pelfrey (137 PA) with two strikes this year. (MLB Rank: 3rd worst; League Avg: .513).

Brad Ausmus: Because seriously, his bullpen management is awful. AwFuckingFul.

Mike Pelfrey reminds me of Brad Penny so much. Both guys are frickin' pros at spotting the other team a run or two in the first inning. It is like clockwork.

Tigers five games below 500 when pelfrey starts. Even a league average 5th starter and the tigers are tied for first.

Tigers five games below 500 when pelfrey starts. Even a league average 5th starter and the tigers are tied for first.

I would like to understand this math. DET is 4-9 in Pelfrey's starts. League average (aka #3 starter) would be 6.5-6.5. You mean league average #3 starter, right?

Jose Iglesias: He hit a home run off of Chris Sale, which is such a hilariously YCPB event that I almost can?t handle it.
Jos? Iglesias: 2-run HR off Chris Sale. His 7 hits off Sale are his 2nd-most against any pitcher (CC Sabathia - 9).

Anibal Sanchez: It could have gone a lot worse in the seventh, but he put the fire out pretty well.

Mike Pelfrey: Another mediocre-to-bad start from Pelfrey. He can?t be successful if he walks more batters than he strikes out, which has been a disturbing trend recently for Pelfrey.
Opponents have an .836 OPS against #Tigers Mike Pelfrey (137 PA) with two strikes this year. (MLB Rank: 3rd worst; League Avg: .513).

Brad Ausmus: Because seriously, his bullpen management is awful. AwFuckingFul.

MLB Ranking for the Tigers BP

27 BA against .270
24 ERA 4.34
25 OPS .762
26 Slugging .431
21 WHIP 1.38

I don't care who is managing that pen...the outcome isn't going to be good.

I would like to understand this math. DET is 4-9 in Pelfrey's starts. League average (aka #3 starter) would be 6.5-6.5. You mean league average #3 starter, right?

No I mean if he's pitching to the league average 5 output the tigers would have two more wins. The tigers have an above average offense so you have to factor that

MLB Ranking for the Tigers BP

27 BA against .270
24 ERA 4.34
25 OPS .762
26 Slugging .431
21 WHIP 1.38

I don't care who is managing that pen...the outcome isn't going to be good.

Those numbers would not be as bad with many managers around today if they managed the Tigers. Ausmus leaves them in too long, getting hit, and inflating those numbers, for 3 years running.

Those numbers would not be as bad with many managers around today if they managed the Tigers. Ausmus leaves them in too long, getting hit, and inflating those numbers, for 3 years running.

Seems he has a problem transitioning to the pen. Never seems to make the right call on pulling the starter or who to bring in first. Basically just doesn't seem to know when his guy "doesn't have it" or tiring. Which is strange coming from a former catcher.

Seems he has a problem transitioning to the pen. Never seems to make the right call on pulling the starter or who to bring in first. Basically just doesn't seem to know when his guy "doesn't have it" or tiring. Which is strange coming from a former catcher.

this.

He has no pen to work with...they all suck! The Tigers pen ranks 20th in terms of innings pitched so it's not like they are over worked. When they get in there they just get hit around. Is he perfect...of course not. But the pitchers he has to work with are garbage!

Back