Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. mariners 6-21-16 Game 71

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
Detroit Tigers
1. Ian Kinsler, 2B
2. Cameron Maybin, CF
3. Miguel Cabrera, 1B
4. Victor Martinez, DH
5. Nick Castellanos, 3B
6. Justin Upton, LF
7. Mike Aviles, RF
8. James McCann, C
9. Jose Iglesias, SS
Pitcher: RH Justin Verlander

Seattle Mariners
1. Leonys Martin, CF
2. Seth Smith, DH
3. Robinson Cano, 2B
4. Nelson Druz, RF
5. Kyle Seager, 3B
6. Adam Lind, 1B
7. Chris Iannetta, C
8. Ketel Marte, SS
9. Norichika Aoki, LF
Pitcher: LH James Paxton

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2016/06/detroit_tigers_gameday_bark_at.html#incart_river_index
Detroit Tigers Gameday: Justin Verlander and 'Bark at the Park'.
Mlive

http://espn.go.com/mlb/preview?gameId=360621106
Tigers-Mariners preview.
espn

Mike Aviles gets the start in right field over Steven Moya with lefty James Paxton on the mound for the M?s. Other than that, regular lineup.
JasonBeck

http://www.baseball-reference.com/previews/2016/DET201606210.shtml
Detroit Tigers vs. Seattle Mariners, at Comerica Park, June 21, 2016 Matchups, Tickets, Preview.
Baseball Reference

Some of you guys are here most of the day, yet wait for this old bastard to come home from working and post the game thread. It would be helpful if the handful of regulars could post it and give me one less on my to do list of Tigers and Lions team notes, Musician's Birthdays, etc.
I won't be around until late Wednesday so if you want a game thread tomorrow, then one of you will have to get off your seat and post it.

Not looking good now. 2-Run HR by Seager. JV grooved it on 3-2 pitch.

VMart hits into killer DP. Luckily Nick picks him up for 1. Still down 2-1

Verlander has now gone at least 7 innings 8 out of his last 9 starts. The other....he only went 6 2/3.

Iggy and Kinsler come through, hard hit outs before with line drive outs to rf.

Verlander off the hook for a loss.

Last edited:
I think JV could have gone one more tonight, I don't think he was happy he wasn't allowed to

Why do they insist on making so many quick easy outs

Paxton hasn't hit 100 pitches, too many first pitch swinging including Miggy. I know he has a great track record with that, but maybe get this guy with more pitches, he might have been out of there an inning earlier.

Victor and Nick with hits and a IBB to J Up loads them up for Aviles yay.

Victor pulled up a little hobble'ish at third, you know who would make a half way decent DH replacement if his knee goes again?

McGehee!

Oh yeah never mind they dfa'd him! Dipshits

Victor pulled up a little hobble'ish at third, you know who would make a half way decent DH replacement if his knee goes again?

McGehee!

Oh yeah never mind they dfa'd him! Dipshits

He cleared and is back in Toledo.

Back