Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. mariners 6-21-16 Game 71

Was that a delayed pinch runner?

No, he wasn't going to pinch run him unless he got to second, he ended up at third on the double but pulled up gimpy so I'm guessing he pulled him because of the gimps

Last edited:
No, he wasn't going to pinch run him unless he got to second, he ended up at third on the double but pulled up gimpy so I'm guessing he pulled him because of the gimps

Thanks.

and a sac fly makes it a 2 run lead.

I am pretty sure Victor will now be out a few games. We can have Aviles fill in as DH, right?

That Marte has been a real gnat for the tigers in these first two 7 hits for him geeesh,

Aoki gnat slow roller out at first tigers win!

Yes !!!!!- watching the ticker holding my breath when two runners got on !!!!! Nice comeback win...

Last edited:
http://m.tigers.mlb.com/det/video/search?team_id=116&tagName=Detroit Tigers
Webvideo Highlights from the Tigers 4 - 2 win over the mariners.

Justin Verlander: Seven innings with two runs on six hits, one walk, and five strikeouts. Dominate yet again.

Tigers offense: The contributions came from everywhere, so these runs were a group effort. Kinsler, Castellanos, and Aviles all finished with multi-hit games, though, and three of the four runs came off their bats.

Tigers bullpen: Bruce Rondon pitched a scoreless innings, walking a batter, and K-Rod struck out one in his scoreless inning of work — though it should be noted he had to work for that last out when he allowed two two-out hits.

STATS AND INFO:
Justin Upton’s second-inning single gave him an 11-game hitting streak.

The Tigers hosted their first-ever Bark at the Park Night and it was pretty great.

K-Rod recorded his 20th save of the year. Since June 1 he’s given up just two runs (both came on one outing) in eight games, and opposing batters are hitting just .143 off of him entering Tuesday night’s game.

Last edited:
JV looked as relaxed as he ever has on the mound. I think he's figured out how to pitch with his current stuff. Should be a solid #1/#2 for at least a few more seasons.

Back