Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs Mariners 6-22-16 Game 72

Tigers bullpen (Ryan, Greene, Justin Wilson, Francisco Rodriguez) retired all 14 batters faced. Detroit takes 5-1 win over M's.

Imagine what our record would be if they could do their job on a somewhat consistent basis.

Nevemind...don't. You'll just get sad.

Miguel Cabrera: Leadoff solo home run. He also walked twice.

Steven Moya: Fourth inning homer to right, as well as several defensive plays in right. Oh, and another one in the fifth, this time to left field. He finished 3-for-4.

Jose Iglesias: Knocked a two-run double to left in the second inning, as well as a two singles later in the game.

Tigers bullpen: Lights-out.

Michael Fulmer: He had a two-on situation to deal with in the first, and then he collapsed in the fifth. The only run he allowed was on a bases-loaded hit batter, but it was clear he had no command throughout the game and the Tigers weren?t going to take any chances.

STATS AND INFO:
Miguel Cabrera?s home run in the first marked the 16th of the season, and the 424th of his career, passing Adrian Beltre for 49th all-time.

Justin Upton?s 11-game hitting streak came to a crashing halt as he finished 0-for-4 on the night.

Jose Iglesias has had at least one hit in all but two of his 20 games in June. He is batting .356/.427/.479 with a home run, six doubles, and eight RBI in that time.
Iglesias? 3-for-3, two-RBI night was the first of his MLB career. The only time he's had at least two RBI in a game where he also had at least three hits was on June 6, 2015. He finished 3-for-5 with two RBI and a double that night.

Victor Martinez struck out thrice for just the 10th time in his career. The last time he had a hat trick was this season, on June 7 against the Blue Jays. He has never struck out four times in his MLB career.

Steven Moya?s two-homer game was the first of his MLB career. He has three homers on the year and is filling in for J.D. Martinez quite well.

Steven Moya: Fourth inning homer to right, as well as several defensive plays in right. Oh, and another one in the fifth, this time to left field. He finished 3-for-4.

Jose Iglesias: Knocked a two-run double to left in the second inning, as well as a two singles later in the game.

Tigers bullpen: Lights-out.

Jose Iglesias has had at least one hit in all but two of his 20 games in June. He is batting .356/.427/.479 with a home run, six doubles, and eight RBI in that time.

damn-good-stuff.gif

DET is now 28-8 when they score 5 runs or more. 9-27 when they don't.

2012 88 Wins 63-13 .829 WPCT 72.6% of Wins
2013 93 Wins 69-11 .863 WPCT 74.2% of Wins
2014 90 Wins 62-7 .898 WPCT 68.9% of Wins
2015 74 Wins 55-17 .764 WPCT 74.3% of Wins
2016 37 Wins 28-8 .778 WPCT 75.7% of Wins

Molleken out, Norris in: After the game, the Tigers sent pitcher Dustin Molleken back to Toledo so they could recall Daniel Norris to start today's game.
Molleken has pitched 13 years in the minors without ever appearing in a big league game. Ausmus would have liked to seen Molleken pitch but couldn't put him in just for the sake of doing it. "I mean, we've gotta win the game, so I gotta go with the pitchers I think will help us win the game," Ausmus said. "But I wish there had been an opportunity where we would've brought him in. I think he'll get another shot. I'm pretty optimistic about that."
Mlive

FULMER JOINS SELECT ROOKIE COMPANY
Michael Fulmer allowed only one run in 4 1/3 innings against the Mariners on Wednesday. Over his last seven starts, Fulmer is sporting a 0.61 ERA.
Since official rookie rules were first instituted in the majors in 1958, only two other rookie pitchers had that low of an ERA over a seven-start span, per the Elias Sports Bureau.
Fernando Valenzuela in 1981 (0.29 ERA).
Cal Eldred in 1992 (0.50 ERA).

Back