Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs Indians 6-24-16 game 74

Good god we get no breaks verse shit hole Cleveland. Sometimes I hate this park.

Last edited:
Fought back and made it interesting at the end. Zimmerman let us down tonight.

Tough loss really can't keep losing to the Indians and royals if they plan to go anywhere

Miggy with some terrible luck at the plate tonight. Hit into 3 double plays and stranded 7 runners.

Did you see my next post? Seriously what's wrong with you ?
I thought he did off the bat . But man you sure are something.

Welcome to the internet where when you post something other people might comment. Whole big world out there bud.

Welcome to the internet where when you post something other people might comment. Whole big world out there bud.

Dude I go out of my way to be nice to you but you are something. Always trying to start crap. I ware glasses to see my tablet to post and not to see the tv and thought Davis dropped the ball and immediately posted different on replay.
I get it the deal from you. No worries carry on like you always do on this board.

Miggy with some terrible luck at the plate tonight. Hit into 3 double plays and stranded 7 runners.

I didn't see his first dp but his second one could have been avoided perhaps if he would have made the pitcher throw strikes, his last one was terrible luck, he hit it very well.

All in all this game was over when Moya clown showed that ball in right and Zimmerman wasn't very good tonight at all

Dude I go out of my way to be nice to you but you are something. Always trying to start crap. I ware glasses to see my tablet to post and not to see the tv and thought Davis dropped the ball and immediately posted different on replay.
I get it the deal from you. No worries carry on like you always do on this board.

What the fuck did I say that was so bad? Shit like this is the reason many of us post on another forum now.

Game ends on circus catch: Cabrera stepped into the batter's box as the potential tying run in the ninth, and he hit a drive to right-center field that Davis tracked down, only to have it bounce off his glove and roll up his arm.

On a second effort, Davis was able to corral the ball for the out. Kinsler and Maybin began to advance on the basepaths when they saw the first bounce, and Davis threw the ball in, beginning the relay to double off Maybin at first.

Davis said he would have to check out a replay to see exactly what happened, but he first thought the ball was going to go off the wall when it came off Cabrera's bat.

Zimmermann became the first Tigers pitcher to give up four triples in a game since Schoolboy Rowe against the Philadelphia A's on May 20, 1939.

Mike Pelfrey pitched well and kept the Indians off the board when Zimmermann couldn?t.

Mark Lowe: For the first time in over a month, Lowe had a scoreless inning in which he didn?t give up a baserunner via a walk or a hit batter.

1-2 batters: Combined, Ian Kinsler and Cameron Maybin were 5-for-8 with three RBI and two walks.

Jordan Zimmermann: Two runs in the third and a five-spot in the fourth. He didn?t make it out of the latter frame and gave up four triples in the fourth.

Tigers offense: Had seven hits and a couple of chances to capitalize on the Indians? pitching mistakes. Instead, they could only score three runs in the fifth against Cleveland starter Danny Salazar.

STATS AND INFO:
The last time Zimmermann gave up seven-or-more runs and lasted fewer than four innings was on April 13, 2015. It was just the fourth time in his career with those parameters.
It was the eighth time in Zimmermann's career he's given up seven runs in a start. Three have occurred this year: May 16, June 8, and tonight.
Zimmermann gave up four triples in the fourth inning. It was the first time in his career that he gave up that many in a start, let along the same frame.

Pelfrey?s 4 1/3 innings of relief marked the first time this season he has appeared in a game and not given up one run. His three hits were also the fewest allowed this year, too.

James McCann finished 2-for-4 with a run scored.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...core-friday-tigers-game-changed-7-5/86382576/
Score of Friday Tigers game changed to 7-5.
Detnews

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/spor...-awarded-extra-run-in-fridays-loss-to-indians
MLB rules Tigers awarded extra run in Friday’s loss to Indians.
OaklandPress

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.s...ue_baseball_changes_1.html#incart_river_index
Major League Baseball changes final score to Friday's Tigers-Indians game.
Mlive

The Indians won the game 7-5, not 7-4 as originally tabulated, after the umpiring crew caught a statistical error made late in the game that was later confirmed by Elias Sports Bureau.

The added run for the Tigers came in the ninth inning when Ian Kinsler scored from second base on the game-ending fly ball to centerfield from Miguel Cabrera.

Cleveland centerfielder Rajai Davis juggled the ball before eventually catching it, but Kinsler and Cameron Maybin, on first base, both thought it was dropped and proceeded to advance.

Maybin was eventually doubled off at first base to end the game, the Tigers' seventh loss to the Indians in as many games this season. Kinsler's run is allowed to count since Cleveland failed to appeal before both teams vacated their respective dugouts.

For those keeping score at home, Cabrera (0 for 5) is credited with a sacrifice fly and RBI, Kinsler a run scored, the run is considered unearned and the Tigers (38-36) left seven runners on base, not eight.

Last edited:
Back