Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Greinke Batted Eighth Tonight

tinselwolverine

I don't know how often National league managers do that, but he seems to be a pretty good hitting pitcher.

The guy who hit in the number 9 spot hit the game winning home run.

Joc something.

Maybe Joc Ewing.

I don't know how often National league managers do that, but he seems to be a pretty good hitting pitcher.

The guy who hit in the number 9 spot hit the game winning home run.

Joc something.

Maybe Joc Ewing.

Tony La Russa used to do it regularly.

Joc Peterson the only Joc I know on the Dodgers.. Didn't think he'd be batting ninth but he has struggled this season.

Tony La Russa used to do it regularly.

Joc Peterson the only Joc I know on the Dodgers.. Didn't think he'd be batting ninth but he has struggled this season.

That's the Joc.

Dodgers took two in a row from the Giants in a big series;
I turned the game on for the end last night; might be the first I turned the Dodgers on all
year.

Maddon is doing it as well. It has an extremely marginal effect on run production. Even Stengal was doing it.

Last edited:
When i was doing the line ups i noticed quite a few NL teams put the pitcher in the 8 spot.

Anyways the Dodgers complete a sweep against San Francisco led by a great performance by Clayton Kershaw, 15 punch outs.

Oh well on the Tigers this year.

Was a nice run; wish I could've seen them win it all.

Maybe next time around.

I wish Kershaw pitched in the AL so we could see how good he really is..

Back