Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ausmus

He needs to ask. And who were these people he was relying on? He's suppose to take responsibility. He's soft and a wimp.

The same people that he asks for help on every close play.

Balks are non reviewable.

The same people that he asks for help on every close play.

Balks are non reviewable.

Argue, Just once in a while. Apparently the ones he's relying on are idiots. The whole staff is a joke..he does some of the most stupidest things like when he didn't use Soria in case the game went extra innings. We gave up 4 in the 8th, and he said it wouldn't have changed anything. He's a buffoon..

I spent 20 years in the Army. Being a MLB manager is like being a leader in the Army. Not every decision is going to work out. You make the best decision at that moment, based on the information available. Indecision will lead to morale issues and lack of respect. Make a decision and stick with it. This waffling back and forth isn't doing any good. Players don't have to like Ausmus, but they have to respect him. My sense is there isn't a lot of respect right now for him.

I have experienced a few Army leaders too afraid to make a "wrong" decision, that they make no decision at all. This kills just as many people, if not more, than making a wrong decision. It still up to the soldiers to execute that decision. And even if the decision was right, the soldiers can still not execute properly and still end with bad results. And in both cases, MLB and military, there has to be contingency plans, both long term and short term, if a decision fails.

Again, Ausmus makes decisions based on not losing, rather than on winning. He also is very indecisive. In the fog of war, he would be shot in the back.

Argue, Just once in a while. Apparently the ones he's relying on are idiots. The whole staff is a joke..he does some of the most stupidest things like when he didn't use Soria in case the game went extra innings. We gave up 4 in the 8th, and he said it wouldn't have changed anything. He's a buffoon..

And then the next day he used soria in the 8th. Lol

Baffling buffoon

I spent 20 years in the Army. Being a MLB manager is like being a leader in the Army. Not every decision is going to work out. You make the best decision at that moment, based on the information available. Indecision will lead to morale issues and lack of respect. Make a decision and stick with it. This waffling back and forth isn't doing any good. Players don't have to like Ausmus, but they have to respect him. My sense is there isn't a lot of respect right now for him.

I have experienced a few Army leaders too afraid to make a "wrong" decision, that they make no decision at all. This kills just as many people, if not more, than making a wrong decision. It still up to the soldiers to execute that decision. And even if the decision was right, the soldiers can still not execute properly and still end with bad results. And in both cases, MLB and military, there has to be contingency plans, both long term and short term, if a decision fails.

Again, Ausmus makes decisions based on not losing, rather than on winning. He also is very indecisive. In the fog of war, he would be shot in the back.

I see it the same way. The thing that gets me is that he is supposed to be so smart yet all I see is an indecisive version of a wan-a-be Leyland. He may be brilliant but not when it comes to managing a game. The only coach I seem to like on the staff is Omar, he seems to put in a lot of work with the players and he is respected big time. Maybe he should be the manager? Dave Clark is a way better 3B coach than anything we have had in a long time.

Was listening to the Reds/Tiger game last night on the Reds broadcast,they said the rumors are flying that Ausmus is gone after the season and Omar Vizquel is rumored to be the replacement.

Was listening to the Reds/Tiger game last night on the Reds broadcast,they said the rumors are flying that Ausmus is gone after the season and Omar Vizquel is rumored to be the replacement.

Like it, Ausmus being let go. Hate it, hate it, HATE IT- hiring Vizquel.

I would like to see them all go

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Closed-door meeting in the clubhouse this afternoon according to twitter.

Katie Strang ‏@KatieStrangESPN 21m21 minutes ago
Asked about team's closed-door meeting, manager Brad Ausmus said: "I don't talk about those things." #DET

Closed-door meeting in the clubhouse this afternoon according to twitter.

Katie Strang ‏@KatieStrangESPN 21m21 minutes ago
Asked about team's closed-door meeting, manager Brad Ausmus said: "I don't talk about those things." #DET

Ausmus deserves credit for JV's one hitter last night!

;)

Why? He didn't do anything

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Back