Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. rangers 8-21-2015 Game 121

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
TIGERS (career numbers against Lewis)

Ian Kinsler, 2B (1-for-9, HR)
Tyler Collins, LF
Miguel Cabrera, 1B (7-for-23, 3 doubles, 3 walks, 2 K?s)
Victor Martinez, DH (10-for-18, 3 doubles, HR, 2 walks)
J.D. Martinez, RF
Nick Castellanos, 3B (0-for-4, 2 walks)
Alex Avila, C (5-for-18, double, 2 HR, 3 walks, 5 K?s)
Jose Iglesias, SS
Anthony Gose, CF (1-for-2)
P: Justin Verlander

RANGERS (career numbers vs. Verlander)

Delino DeShields, CF
Shin-Soo Choo, RF (13-for-53, double, 2 HR, 7 walks, 21 K?s)
Prince Fielder, DH (0-for-6, 2 K?s)
Adrian Beltre, 3B (14-for-48, 2 doubles, HR, 2 walks, 9 K?s)
Mitch Moreland, 1B (6-for-19, 4 doubles, 3 walks, 7 K?s)
Elvis Andrus, SS (6-for-30, double, 2 walks, 3 K?s)
Rougned Odor, 2B (0-for-2)
Will Venable, LF (0-for-3, K)
Bobby Wilson, C (0-for-2)
P: Colby Lewis

Alex Avila will catch Justin Verlander for the first time since July 24, when Verlander tossed eight innings of one-run ball against the Red Sox at Fenway Park to get on this roll. James McCann caught Verlander?s last four starts. Alex also has two home runs off Colby Lewis.

Lewis has had relatively good success against Miguel Cabrera, but those numbers against Victor Martinez counter it. Look for Cabrera to play first base tonight and tomorrow; Brad Ausmus said he?ll wait and see on Sunday?s series finale.

Gameday | TV: FS Detroit, MLB.TV | Radio: 97.1 FM, AM 1270, Gameday Audio.

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2015/08/detroit_tigers_gameday_justin_63.html#incart_river
Detroit Tigers Gameday: Tigers take aim at first four-game winning streak since April.
Mlive

http://www.baseball-reference.com/previews/2015/DET201508210.shtml
Detroit Tigers vs. Texas Rangers, at Comerica Park, August 21, 2015 Matchups, Tickets, Preview.
Baseball Reference

2 - 0 rangers bottom 4th Miggy legs out a double,

Verlander was pissed early getting squeezed. HP ump brian knight's strike zone was tighter than a bull's ass during horsefly season.

Victor hits it deep to right center damn, long out, Miggy doesn' tag up to third,

If Miggy tags up on Victor's fly, JD would have a sac fly Miggy scoring from third.
Dammit.

Castellanos drills a single to left Miggy scores, umps go to replay,

Miggy ruled out on replay. Fuckit.

Ok you can't tell me that play at home was conclusive, I couldn't tell if the glove was actually in contact with the leg or foot or not just before the front of his foot hit home plate, I thought this shit was supposed to be conclusive to overturn? Fk man, bunch of gawd damn bullshit right there

Also can anyone tell me why Collins is in over Davis when Davis is hitting .364 off Lewis? Why is Brad such a brain dead horses ass

Last edited:
That's the 19th time the Tigers have been thrown out at home this year (first for Miggy). Came into day tied w/ Cincy for MLB lead.

Ok you can't tell me that play at home was conclusive, I couldn't tell if the glove was actually in contact with the leg or foot or not just before the front of his foot hit home plate, I thought this shit was supposed to be conclusive to overturn? Fk man, bunch of gawd damn bullshit right there

Also can anyone tell me why Collins is in over Davis when Davis is hitting .364 off Lewis? Why is Brad such a brain dead horses ass

We have a dumb ass manager.

Beast

He might just get to 500 carrer doubles before the year is over yet

Victor lines it into the shift in short rf the throw pulls bearded mumza off second and Miggy is safe all though called out. Tigers challenge.

Ausmus thrown out.

Last edited:
By UZR's arm rating, JD has had the second most valuable arm among outfielders this year. (Tied for 3rd by DRS).

Iggy swings at ball 4 to end the inning, guys sure don't like to take thier walks do they, except for Alex.. amazing how often Avila walks and nobody else does

Alex now has 4 more walks than hits this year, that both pathetic and impressive at the same time

Last edited:
Verlander: 7 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 8 SO. 110 pitches, 70 strikes.

In the last six weeks, Verlander has started eight times with a 2.65 ERA. He's 1-3 and on the hook for the loss tonight.

Verlander over his last six starts: 1.67 ERA, and 40 strikeouts to just 6 walks.

Last edited:
They aren't showing anything but apparently someone in the stands right behind the home dugout got clocked on a sharp smoker foul ball off the bat of Gose, play has stopped as thier appears to be concern

Last edited:
Female adult Fan has been moved into a wheelchair and is responsive play resuming shortly

Last edited:
That fan had a knot on the side of her head by her eye the size of a softball. Ouch!!!

Back