Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. rangers 8-21-2015 Game 121

Some bullshit outside balls called strikes to both JD and Nick kinda hosed us from any possible last min heroics game over

Miggy is up to .363 and he's gotta be getting really close to qualifing for the leader board again

Last edited:
Key turning point that led to the loss IMO..3rd inning bases loaded 1 out miggy on deck..Collins gidp..why he was even in the lineup over Davis who is hitting .364 off Lewis is beyond my comprehension

Last edited:
Fudge... I guess I missed a sleeper of a game by our hitters.. I agree why not play Davis over Gose or Collins?

I was at the game sitting in left. I saw the ball leave Gose's bat and knew the second it left that it was an absolute missile and someone was probably going to get hurt. I don't care how focused you are, there was nothing that could be done to avoid getting hit by the ball. People saying "stop texting and pay attention" are absolute idiots that know nothing about reactionary time. The park was eerily quiet and somber for 10 minutes, very scary.

STREAKS AND STATS:

The Rangers challenged the safe call at home plate on a slide from Miguel Cabrera. After a review of 1:51 the call was overturned and Cabrera was called out at the plate as the tag was applied just before his foot touched home plate. Nick Castellanos was credited with a single.

Anthony Gose has struck out eight times in his last 16 plate appearances. In August he's batting .219/.296/.344 with just one double and two triples entering Friday night's game.

In Justin Verlander's last five starts entering Friday night's game, the Tigers offense has driven in just 10 runs. Two of the five were winnable yet were lost because of a lack of run support. He's been given the win in just one of those starts.
Verlander has a 1.67 ERA in his last six starts.

In the bottom of the sixth inning the Tigers challenged an inning-ending double play, wherein the second base umpire said that Rangers second baseman Rougned Odor doubled off Miguel Cabrera by applying the tag the first time he touched the bag. After a lengthy review of 4:57 the call stood and Cabrera was doubled off at second base.

Miguel Cabrera raised his batting average to .363 on the season and continues to inch closer to qualifying for the batting title again. Since returning from the DL, Cabrera is batting .500/.618/.846 with a home run and six doubles.

J.D. Martinez earned his 14th assist of the season on a 9-5 inning-ending double play in the seventh. He now has the most assist by any outfielder in the majors.

I was at the game sitting in left. I saw the ball leave Gose's bat and knew the second it left that it was an absolute missile and someone was probably going to get hurt. I don't care how focused you are, there was nothing that could be done to avoid getting hit by the ball. People saying "stop texting and pay attention" are absolute idiots that know nothing about reactionary time. The park was eerily quiet and somber for 10 minutes, very scary.

Update:
http://www.theoaklandpress.com/spor...tcher-after-being-hit-by-line-drive-foul-ball
Tigers fan taken out on stretcher after being hit by line drive foul ball.
OaklandPress

[UPDATE: The woman was released from the hospital early in the morning, the Tigers said Saturday afternoon. They have reached out to the woman in an attempt to get further update on her condition.]

Found this at Fangraphs;
http://www.techgraphs.com/mlb-fan-lawsuit-seeks-technological-remedy-2/
MLB Fan Lawsuit Seeks Technological Remedy.

Last edited:
Back