Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Rangers @ Tigers 8-22-2015 Game 122

tigermud

Detroit

Ian Kinsler, 2B
Tyler Collins, LF
Miguel Cabrera, 1B
Victor Martinez, DH
J.D. Martinez, RF
Nick Castellanos, 3B
James McCann, C
Jose Iglesias, SS
Anthony Gose, CF

Randy Wolf, P

Texas

Delino DeShields, CF
Shin-Soo Choo, RF
Prince Fielder, DH
Adrian Beltre, 3B
Mike Napoli, 1B
Elvis Andrus, SS
Rougned Odor, 2B
Bobby Wilson, C
Ryan Strausborger, LF

Yovani Gallardo, P

GAME NOTES

? The game will mark the Tigers debut of left-hander Randy Wolf, who was obtained in a trade this week with the Toronto Blue Jays. Wolf went 9-2 with a 2.58 ERA in 23 starts for Triple-A Buffalo this season and has not pitched in the majors this year.

? Wolf has made 372 career starts in the majors but just one against the Rangers. He threw five innings of shutout ball June 13, 2009, for the Los Angeles Dodgers in a 3-1 victory over the Rangers.

? Just four current Rangers players have faced Wolf: Adrian Beltre (5 for 18, HR, 4 RBIs), Prince Fielder (2 for 7, HR, 3 RBIs), Mike Napoli (0 for 4) and Elvis Andrus (0 for 2).

? Rangers right-hander Yovani Gallardo has one career start against the Tigers. He allowed three runs on six hits and three walks in seven innings of work in that outing. Just four Tigers position players have faced Gallardo: J.D. Martinez (1 for 9), Rajai Davis (1 for 4), Miguel Cabrera (2 for 3) and Victor Martinez (1 for 2).

? The forecast for Saturday evening in Detroit calls for partly cloudy skies with temperatures in the mid-70s.

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2015/08/detroit_tigers_gameday_left-ha_1.html#incart_story_package

Amazingly the Tigers are still only 3.5 out of the final wild card spot beginning play today.

Last edited:
Thanks Tigermud!

So I was looking for which channel tonights game was on the MLB extra innings package I have and it's not on tonight??!! Usually that Fox sports has a monopoly from 1 to 6 for games, although they loosened the rights for that this year.
The Tigers game is not on, at least what each channel is showing for that 7:08 start time. In case anyone else is trying to find it who is out of state. I did see something about FS1 channel? I'm assuming that is a Detroit fox channel.

Thanks Tigermud!

So I was looking for which channel tonights game was on the MLB extra innings package I have and it's not on tonight??!! Usually that Fox sports has a monopoly from 1 to 6 for games, although they loosened the rights for that this year.
The Tigers game is not on, at least what each channel is showing for that 7:08 start time. In case anyone else is trying to find it who is out of state. I did see something about FS1 channel? I'm assuming that is a Detroit fox channel.

Was just looking for the pre game also, game not on foxd tonight, apparently only on foxs1 Channel 150 for those with dish network..only place I'm finding it. Foxs1 isn't the same as foxd out of Detroit it's fox national

Can one of the mods fix the main title for me as well I put 2105 by accident, changed it but it's not showing the change on the main thread folder view

Last edited:
Was just looking for the pre game also, game not on foxd tonight, apparently only on foxs1 Channel 150 for those with dish network..only place I'm finding it. Foxs1 isn't the same as foxd out of Detroit it's fox national

Can one of the mods fix the main title for me as well I put 2105 by accident, changed it but it's not showing the change on the main thread folder view

Title is fixed.
http://mlb.mlb.com/schedule/broadcast/index.jsp?c_id=det
Tigers schedule for the rest of the season.

Looks like there are two more games on FS1. Saturday September 12 indians, and September 19 royals.

where in the hell does Ausmus get these lineups? Collins 2nd and Iggy at the bottom. And someone needs to tell Brad, to switch Vmart and J.D..

From Jason Beck;
Tyler Collins gets another game in the two spot, with Jose Iglesias back down near the bottom of the order.

?It?s a left-handed bat, for one, but I think he runs well and he swings the bat pretty well,? Brad Ausmus said. ?He hit the ball hard last night, even though he didn?t get anything for it. I think it?s a good spot for him. He?s hitting in front of Miggy. He gets some fastballs up.?

Miguel Cabrera is batting 13-for-23 (.565) with seven extra-base hits and eight runs scored over the last six games. He?s also batting .390 (112-for-287) with 15 homers and 74 RBIs in 74 games against the Rangers, including the postseason.

Reminder: Tonight?s game is on Fox Sports 1. Check your local listings for the channel number on your system.

Gameday | TV: Fox Sports 1, MLB.TV | Radio: 97.1 FM, AM 1270, Gameday Audio

where in the hell does Ausmus get these lineups? Collins 2nd and Iggy at the bottom. And someone needs to tell Brad, to switch Vmart and J.D..

I think he gets them out of his assmus! :lmao:

Mighty miggy beast with another double 487 now carrer and just moved past Lou Brock on the all time list up to 74th ...11 more to tie Tigers great Al Kaline at 498 on the all time board

Last edited:
Mighty miggy beast with another double 487 now carrer and just moved past Lou Brock on the all time list up to 74th ...11 more to tie Tigers great Al Kaline at 498 on the all time board

He just might get to 500 doubles before the end of the year.

A few years ago, iirc it was espn, was extrapolating Miggy's Doubles and they said if he played another 10 years from that time/year he would/could get to 700 Doubles.

Wolf 8 hits surrendered already through 2.1

Not good...not good at all

21 for 82 a .256 average says he needs to bat lower. Some batters are best lower in the order. Iggy game is more suited for the 8th and 9th spots. Tigers do not do a whole of small ball at the top of the lineup and bunting.

Kinsler should lead of and Davis/ Gose second.

Other than miggy offense got nothing again tonight..gallarodo is missing with most of his off speed pitches hasn't looked great to me hasn't had a quality start since June 2nd and the Tigers can't do shit...victor sure has been chasing a lot of pitches up lately from the left side

Well...other than that bad third inning can't complain too much about wolf tonight..

Wish the offense would wake up though.

Wolf should pitch for as long as the Tigers are behind.

Last edited:
Back