Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers @ Jays 8-28-2015 Game 127

tigermud

Tigers @ Jays 8-28-2015 Game 128

Detroit

Davis LF
Kinsler 2B
Miggy 1B
Victor DH
JD RF
Nick 3B
McCann C
Iggy SS
Goose CF

(P) Boyd

Jays

Tolowitzki SS
Donaldson 3B
Bautista RF
Encarnacion DH
Cobaello 1B
Pillar CF
Revere LF
Goins 2B
Thole C

(P) RA Dickey

Dammit it's game 128 not 127, please fix the main folder title for me KC or another mod..Thanks

Game Notes: Staring play tonight the Tigers are in last place in the AL Central, this is very sad :-(

Last edited:
Tigers got 1 in the first on a homer from Kinsler, Miggy had a single .369 Jays got the run right back in their 1st

1-1 after 1

I've got a fantasy draft now and another one tomorrow night as well. won't be around rest of night nor most of the weekend..

This Boyd kid needs to spend some time in the minors. He's not very good.

This Boyd kid needs to spend some time in the minors. He's not very good.
Im guessing your not too keen on their minor league system. Your options other than Boyd are Ryan or VerHagen. Unless you want them to trade for another washed up minor leaguer like Wolf

Here's Ver Hagen now. I think all these young pitchers up from the minors are a work in progress. Tigers throwing it all against the wall to see what sticks for next year.

I know they haven't played well.. and maybe because of the Lions preseason game but I haven't seen so few posts in a game thread.

I know they haven't played well.. and maybe because of the Lions preseason game but I haven't seen so few posts in a game thread.

Friday nights have almost always been short of posts until later in the evening, but yeah Lion's preseason game also, plus the fact Mitch that it's not the same the way this season has turned out.

Wow tigers had ONE foul ball in twelve pitches. That's not good.

In fact the last 9 pitches were strikes, swinging, looking, and a foul for 3 K's. Can't remember last time I've seen that.

Last edited:

I was watching the Lions game tonight...for some reason it was actually on CBS here in Virginia.

STREAKS AND STATS:

With his sixth-inning single, Ian Kinsler earned his 50th multi-hit game of the season, which leads the American League.
Kinsler is now 8-for-19 (.421) with three home runs against R.A. Dickey in his career.
Kinsler is hitting .374 (37-for-99) in August.

Four home runs by Anthony Gose is a career-high.

Reliever Drew VerHagen had just one strikeout in his last five appearances before Friday's. Against the Jays he struck out the side in the seventh inning (but also walked two).

J.D. Martinez's hit streak ended at seven game after he went 0-for-4.

Gose now owns the Tigers' longest hit streak, at two games.

Back