Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers @ Blue Jays 8-30-15 Game #130

manchild98

TIGERS (60-69):

Davis LF
Kinsler 2B
Miggy 1B
JD RF
VMart DH
Castellanos 3B
McCann C
Iggy SS
Gose CF

Simon P Season: 11-8, 4.89 era (1.43 whip), Lifetime against Blue Jays 0-2, 6.50 era

BLUE JAYS (73-56):

Revere LF
Donaldson 3B
Bautista RF
Encarnacion DH
Tulowitzki SS
Smoak 1B
Martin C
Pillar CF
Goins 2B

Buehrle P Season: 13-6, 3.60 era (1.18 whip), Lifetime against the Tigers 18-10, 3.52 era

The Tigers have lost 8 of their last 9 games. The Jays have won 7 of their last 8 and 23 of their last 28 games.

Simon is 6-5 with a 5.77 era in 12 road starts. Simon had control issues and gave up 9 hits and 8 runs in 4.1 innings in his last start against the Angels.

Buehrle is 7-1 with a 3.11 era in 11 home starts.

Victor Martinez is hitting .192 (29 for 151) with a .539 OPS in 40 games since the All-Star break. Martinez has started 91 games this season. He has hit fourth 74 times and third 17 times but has not appeared anywhere else in the starting lineup this season.

The Blue Jays' Edwin Encarnacion had 9 rbi?s yesterday. He has homered in 4 of his past 6 games and has a 24 game hitting streak. He has 6 homers and 23 rbi?s in his last 7 games.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/preview?gameId=350830114
http://m.mlb.com/news/article/20150829146094472?game_pk=415594
http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2015/08/detroit_tigers_gameday_alfredo_14.html
http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2015/08/detroit_tigers_lineup_50.html

Martinez Legs are shot.. I sure hope he recovers next season or his contract will be just another bad DD contract..

Oh yay. Another day another Tigers game to suffer through. Wonder which Big Pasta will show up today....

Martinez Legs are shot.. I sure hope he recovers next season or his contract will be just another bad DD contract..

I would shelf him for the rest of the season, to be honest. It's obvious the team isn't going anywhere. Even with Miggy back in the lineup it's been a shit-show. The most rest and rehab time he can get would be ideal.

This pitching staff is horrendous with location. Doesn't matter who the catcher is if they can't locate.

We all new it was going to get ugly some day, but this many days and this soon. Wow if this some thing that can happen with Cabrera healthy and still early in a long contract then o boy what can happen latter?

Simon is another one who needs to be gone next season. What a disaster this pitching staff is.

Simon is another one who needs to be gone next season. What a disaster this pitching staff is.

yes...he has been bad. Maybe he needs to be in the pen.

The starting staff is going to look pretty weak next year.

Here are the current options

JV
Sanchez
Lobstein
Farmer
Boyd
Norris

They can't go into the season with 5 of those as their starters but they can't afford to sign a really good pitcher.

I see another last place finish next year.

He is a Free Agent and probably was gone anyways.

Issue is we traded a MLB starting SS for him. A MLB starting 2B for Anthony Gose.

yes...he has been bad. Maybe he needs to be in the pen.

The starting staff is going to look pretty weak next year.

Here are the current options

JV
Sanchez
Lobstein
Farmer
Boyd
Norris

They can't go into the season with 5 of those as their starters but they can't afford to sign a really good pitcher.

I see another last place finish next year.

Will Fulmer be ready next season? I thought he was a highly regarded prospect as part of the Cespedes trade.

Last edited:
Back