Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

"I wish Verlander was a True Ace"

Bumped.....

For another ok outing.

18th Win. CHECK

Cy locked down. CHECK

Just waiting to see if he wins the Triple Crown. He's damn close. Not bad for pitcher that's "nuthin sexy" huh Chica????

Verlander wins his 18th of the year on August 16th,
Verlander with 45 straight starts of 100 or more pitches,
Verlander with 5 straight 200 plus innings seasons,
Verlander with 3 straight 200 plus strikeouts seasons,
Verlander leading pitcher for the Cy Young and watch for a top ten finish in the MVP vote, you heard it here.

Those consecutive starts with 100+ pitches is amazing..

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]Verlander wins his 18th of the year on August 16th,
Verlander with 45 straight starts of 100 or more pitches,
Verlander with 5 straight 200 plus innings seasons,
Verlander with 3 straight 200 plus strikeouts seasons,
Verlander leading pitcher for the Cy Young and watch for a top ten finish in the MVP vote, you heard it here.

Wow!!! 45 straight starts with 100 pitches is sick. The title of this thread gets stupider by the day.

Anyone else think that we haven't seen his best yet? I think he's still growing and he wants to be a lot better than he is now.

had the Twins feed tonite.....Blyleven called him top 5 in baseball the last few years and said is the BEST in the Majors this season.

also said his curveball is unfair.....lol

SLICK said:
it's a fluke....cause Chica says so

I don't think he called it a fluke. I think he just doesn't want to get his hopes up, just in case it is.

SLICK said:
had the Twins feed tonite.....Blyleven called him top 5 in baseball the last few years and said is the BEST in the Majors this season.

also said his curveball is unfair.....lol
i saw a few of those curves tonight. blyleven is right lol

He has nasty everything. I think it is the confidence in his slider that has made the difference.

Bumped......because it's fun to do on JV's starts.

Also, 3 hits in 6 innings Justin.....c'mon.....this isn't BP.

Trade him.

JV on pace for 267 IP this year.

He'll most likely go over 270 when you include postseason.

As I said a few times in the original thread, IP are underrated.

3260 pitches for JV, over 200 more then the next closest.

Since Rays scored 6 runs off Verlander in May, he's 15-2 with 1.58ERA (23ER in 17GS)...has now made 16 starts of 7IP+ and 2ER or fewer .

http://espn.go.com/mlb/features/cyyoung
2011 MLB Cy Young Predictor.
Includes Verlander's 19th Win.
from espn

No Contest

If he keeps it up for the remainder of the season, Justin Verlander will join Pedro Martinez and Greg Maddux as the only pitchers in the Divisional Era to post a WHIP under 0.90. Martinez won the AL Cy Young Award in 2000 and Greg Maddux won the NL Cy Young Award in 1994 and 1995.

From Elias: Justin Verlander won his seventh straight start on Monday, going seven innings with eight strikeouts. In that span, he's gone at least seven innings and posted at least seven strikeouts. He's the first pitcher with a streak that long reaching those parameters since Pedro Martinez did so over the 1999 and 2000 seasons, both years in which Martinez won the AL Cy Young award.

I honestly may have gotten a little hard reading through this thread.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]
iamthetutor said:
Did you just delete my post for calling you out for being hypocritical? Wow. Abusing your moderator duties. You have no problem with calling me out with this ENTIRE thread. Not to mention swearing, yet you are going to delete my post?

I didn't see what happen, I told you that in the private message you sent me. This thread deserved to be brought over for what Verlander has accomplished this year with everyones opinion on why he is deserving.
Yes, you are taken to task, but like I said every one has an opinion.
They don't agree with you.
I haven't deleted anyones post.
You need to chill out. No one is really interested in reading your super sensitive fit.

Actually, I can't think of anything I'd find more amusing that reading "the tutor" having a Joan Crawford meltdown right here on the Tiger board.

#19 fpr JV.

I had the Rays feed and these guys couldn't believe what Verlander was doing. At one point, Verly threw a curve ball to Sam Fuld or Zobrist (i can't remember) and it was a called strike. The player never swung or anything. His knees kind of buckled. The announcers both started laughing and one of them said, "what are you supposed to do with that?" The other guy goes, "Nothing, you sit and watch it go by because you're not touching it" It was simply awesome. Verlander is a freak of nature.

Back