Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

White Soxs @ Tigers 8-3-16 Game 107

Whew...sigh of relief after a very Todd Jones like save. 8 in a row! Keep it going!

http://m.tigers.mlb.com/det/video/search?team_id=116&tagName=Detroit Tigers
Webvideo Highlights of the Tigers 2 - 1 win over the whitesox.

Michael Fulmer now has a 2.42 ERA -- the second lowest by a Tigers pitcher since 1920 through 17 career starts.

Michael Fulmer: Allowed just three hits in the first six innings and no runs. He gave up one run in all, a solo shot in the seventh, and finished with five hits on the night.

Shane Greene: He was equally splendid, getting that last out in the seventh to strand two inherited runners, then came back for a scoreless eighth.

Jose Iglesias: He had just one hit but his defense was stellar. He was charged with an error in the fourth, but made up for it with the third double play of the game. In all, he was involved with eight of the 13 outs through eight innings.

J.D. Martinez: One pitch, one home run. Welcome back, J.D. Martinez.

STATS AND INFO:
J.D. Martinez hit his first home run since June 4, 11 games prior to landing on the DL. The home run was his second career pinch-hit homer, the other coming on May 19, 2014 at Cleveland.

The Tigers’ win streak is at eight games and they’re 11 games over .500, putting the team 2 1/2 games back of the Indians.

Miguel Cabrera moved past Torii Hunter and Jim Rice for sole possession of No. 113 on the all-time hits list. Cabrera now has 2,453 hits.

K-Rod’s 30th save of 2016 also marked his 900th career appearance, becoming just the 25th player in MLB history to reach that milestone.

Last edited:
yeah, that's why you START him today!!! Do YOU get THAT?

He played in a double header yesterday (RF & DH) to complete his re-hab assignment (it got him 7ABs). They wanted him to get an off day today with no BP but able to pinch hit. You didn't want him on the team unless he starts. You thought he should still be on the AAA team traveling to Louisville then taking a flight tomorrow to get to the stadium by 1PM. You think you know more than management. Obviously, you don't

He played in a double header yesterday (RF & DH) to complete his re-hab assignment (it got him 7ABs). They wanted him to get an off day today with no BP but able to pinch hit. You didn't want him on the team unless he starts. You thought he should still be on the AAA team traveling to Louisville then taking a flight tomorrow to get to the stadium by 1PM. You think you know more than management. Obviously, you don't

I questioned the medical staff on the team. Why are you trying to make more out of it than what's there? Let it go

Last edited:
Very exciting although my ticker had Greene in the 9thouse for the longest time..

Very exciting although my ticker had Greene in the 9thouse for the longest time..

Same here. I had to leave the house for a bit and was following it on my app. thought Brad had completely lost his mind. lol

Holy shit just saw the replay.. JD's HR is better than fiction.. Does his bat say 'wonderboy'? F'n unbelievable!

Honest question.....does this streak change anyone's mind about Ausmus?

Not one bit. He still make bad platoon decision, imo. But really it's the GM decision of bring in Pelfrey, Aviles, Lowe, Upton; I really was not sold on him Maybin; I know he been hitting but very little HR's And with Aviles and Kton out there the out field is weak. J.D. is needed! I was not sold on Zimmerman all that much and really this injury has hurt. And last but not least Saltalamacchia Hasn't been a bad signing but is hitting below his career average. He did step up for a while but lately it been hit or too many misses.

all in all GM is a fail so far for me. At the same time they are 2 out of first against a team that has a record of 11-1 against them, go figure that one out! Just change that by one game and Tigers would be 60-47 Tribe 59-46

That's hard to believe what one game can do. I'll say that again; hard to believe what ONE game can "has "do/"done"! Got to do better against the Tribe in the next series!!!!!!!!!!!! A whole bunch of bad decisions could be wiped away.

Holy shit just saw the replay.. JD's HR is better than fiction.. Does his bat say 'wonderboy'? F'n unbelievable!

I didn't get to see the game either. That was a really cool moment...fans were already cheering like crazy and then he crushes the first pitch. Very memorable moment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by boogerlovejoy View Post

Honest question.....does this streak change anyone's mind about Ausmus?

Not one bit. He still make bad platoon decision, imo. But really it's the GM decision of bring in Pelfrey, Aviles, Lowe, Upton; I really was not sold on him Maybin; I know he been hitting but very little HR's And with Aviles and Kton out there the out field is weak. J.D. is needed! I was not sold on Zimmerman all that much and really this injury has hurt. And last but not least Saltalamacchia Hasn't been a bad signing but is hitting below his career average. He did step up for a while but lately it been hit or too many misses.

all in all GM is a fail so far for me. At the same time they are 2 out of first against a team that has a record of 11-1 against them, go figure that one out! Just change that by one game and Tigers would be 60-47 Tribe 59-46

That's hard to believe what one game can do. I'll say that again; hard to believe what ONE game can "has "do/"done"! Got to do better against the Tribe in the next series!!!!!!!!!!!! A whole bunch of bad decisions could be wiped away.

8-4-2016 Lettuce in at 1st Cabrera to DH and no V-Mart= SOX Win, SOx WIn, Sox WIN! Bad platoon decision. Brad your in a race every games needs a chance to win.
8-7-2016 Brad learned Smokes worst manager mistake! Using the closer in non save game! and of course Tigers still can not run the bases!

Last edited:
Back