Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. mariners 8-08-16 Game 112

Still nice to know our young pitcher is still getting it done.

I'm convinced it as much the managers problem as it's the players! Just look at the box score and you will see the real problem. Using Lowe in a TWO run game is like throwing in the towel raising the white flag. Or worst yet telling your team I've given up on this game' This possible the worst move I have seen by badd manager. I really do not care how well the other pitcher is doing. When you give up, quite, give in ,your are seeding the wrong message to everyone. IMO ever game is winnable till Yogi say it's over. Tonight the cards scored 5 in the NINTH to win the game.

Those that say a manager does not affect a game need to take a better look at this one. BTW the GM gets a fail as well for not having a better option [n the pen for the manager to use. But having to use the bad option first out of the pen is on the manager!

This team is going no where with decisions this bad. It's managements job to put the best players on the field to win games. And tonight's game shows how bad a job management did.
And yes should the offence score 4 runs tonight I wake up to Heck yea Tigers are great tonight. But then again the unbalance line up the tigers put on the tells another story of how bad this team is put together. And that falls back to other/former management people. But the age old adage two wrongs do not make a right, applies.
Really using the 8.20 ERA guy has convinced me. I had to get up and looked up game results and stayed up an hour ranting about this. And now MLB is showing the High lights of the game and Fulmer pitched pretty good. Just a bad game Tiger management You need to do better.

The worse ever? You did realize we scored 0 runs. I'm pretty sure the players didn't say "oh shit, Lowe." and not try any more.

Funny stuff.

at West Coast (CA, WA) teams

2016 (2-5) = 22 runs in 7 games = 3.1 Runs Per Game

2015 (4-6) = 37 runs in 10 games = 3.7 Runs Per Game

2014 (6-10) = 44 runs in 16 games = 2.8 Runs Per Game

2013 (4-5) = 32 runs in 9 games = 3.6 Runs Per Game

2012 (3-7) = 32 runs in 10 games = 3.2 Runs Per Game

2011 (8-9) = 51 runs in 17 games = 3.0 Runs Per Game

2010 (6-8) = 51 runs in 12 games = 4.3 Runs Per Game

2009 (7-8) = 66 runs in 15 games = 4.4 Runs Per Game

2008 (9-10) = 75 runs in 19 games = 3.9 Runs Per Game

2007 (5-10) = 80 runs in 15 games = 5.3 Runs Per Game

**2006 (9-6) = 57 runs in 15 games = 3.8 Runs Per Game

DET has not had a winning record at West Coast teams locations the last 10 years. They barely average 3 runs a game on offense the last 6 years.

Michael Fulmer: The rookie's incredible season continued in fine form. While he didn't have his best stuff early and the Mariners had good swings, Fulmer and Saltalamacchia adjusted and got better as the game went along. The ability to stay composed is a rare attribute in such an inexperienced pitcher, yet Fulmer never cracks.

Defense: While the bats were sour, the Tigers played a nice defensive game tonight. Iglesias made a beautiful play to bail out the outfield in the first, and Cabrera showied again the high quality of his throwing arm to turn a double play in the fourth after a diving stop.

The Tigers Offense: The offense missed a connecting flight to Seattle.

STREAKS AND STATS:
When you're SS shifted over against LH and you have to run 97 feet to catch that ball back over to left:
(Iglesias) https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CpYnGsWUAAI09w7.jpg

This was the Tigers first back-to-back loss since July 24th.

The Tigers had gone a month without being shut out, with the last such occurrence coming at the hands of the Toronto Blue Jays on July 8th.

Since his start on June 12th, Michael Fulmer has gone 10 starts and only once surrendered more than three runs in an outing.

well that sucks offense didn't get off the plane I guess. Need the Maybin back to get life into it again.

Last edited:
well that sucks offense didn't get off the plane I guess. Need the Maybin back to get life into it again.

I'm not a doctor, but am worried that Maybin's thumb which is still swollen will show something like a tear in a thumb ligament/tendon/muscle/sheath which is still causing the discomfort when the results of todays MRI come back.
Hope I am 100% wrong.

Back