Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Royals @ Tigers 8-17-16 Game #120

Well shit the white suxs ended up beating Cleveland

Six back instead if seven, well I guess it's not over yet but still this is a surprise

Last edited:
That dirty mf'n cocksucker ventura hit Collins AND Kinsler.
and timid ausmus doesn't have a Tigers' pitcher drill hog head hosmer or another royal??!!

The Tigers have scored three runs in their last three games. They have scored two or fewer runs in six of their past nine.

Anibal Sanchez: Certainly didn’t expect Sanchez to flirt with a no-hitter tonight, but he did, and deserved far better than this result.

Victor Martinez: Martinez the elder had two hits, including the solo shot that proved to be Detroit’s only run on the night.

J.D. Martinez: J.D. finished with three hits, but was stranded on base each time.

HISSES:
Justin Wilson and Shane Greene.

The Tigers offense: They’re playing short-handed right now, but the last week has been rather painful to watch.

STATS AND REACTIONS:
It seems odd to say, but Sanchez’s outing in Texas might be the outlier at this point. Yes, he has faced some weak offenses along the way, but he’s going to face a lot more of those with the Tigers’ weak September schedule ahead.

Speaking of weak upcoming schedules, the Tigers have a chance to do some damage down the stretch. The Red Sox, Orioles, and Blue Jays have several games left against one another, and the Yankees are no slouch in that division either.
Of course, if the Tigers want to get back into the playoff hunt, they have to beat teams like the Royals...

Erick Aybar got a nice reception from the home crowd before his first at-bat. Think Tigers fans are happy about that trade?

The Tigers now have nine win streaks of 3+ games, and eight losing streaks of 3+ games this season.

Tigers announce they will option OF Steven Moya to Toledo.

Last edited:
Tyler Collins knee X-rays negative, but Tigers could add another outfielder for Thursday.

Veteran oufielder Alex Presley was removed from Toledo's game Wednesday night, suggesting he could be coming to Detroit.
The Tigers would need to add him to the 40-man roster to complete the transaction.

edit: Alex Presley will join Tigers, which will need to make 40-man move to open roster spot for him.

What the hell? Option Moya back already and replace him with Presley whom is a career crap bat filler and will have to make a move to the 40 man to do it. holy balls this team as lost it's sanity.

What the hell? Option Moya back already and replace him with Presley whom is a career crap bat filler and will have to make a move to the 40 man to do it. holy balls this team as lost it's sanity.

Probably has to do with Presley able to play CF, though Romine has played there. But Tigers braintrust keeps having brainFarts.

This is telling. Makes me wonder why Lowe even gets the baseball.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 14
Mismanagement at its best from Gm down to the manager.

Last edited:
To make room for Presley on the 40-man roster, the Tigers designated Bobby Parnell for assignment.

HOLY CRAP, WHO KNEW? "We just have to win games," [AUSMUS] said. "I don't care what uniform you wear, I don't care who comes to town or if we go into their town, we have to find a way to win games. Right now, we're finding a way to not win games."

I'll expand. The Tigers have to make plays and deliver.

Back