Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tues vs. White Sox

LGRW_9

So the Tigers have a day off Monday, bringing the number of days' rest for Fulmer to five. Yet Dirty Sanchez is slated to start Tuesday. I know they're trying to protect Fulmer's arm, blah, blah blah, but dammit its August and we're in a pennant race. The kid seems strong as an ox, he only threw 98 pitches last Wednesday, and he's a fierce competitor. I say give him the ball.

I'd rather Fulmer go against Sale than Sanchez against Sale. At least we know Fulmer will give us a legit shot at winning that game. With Sanchez pitching it's almost a lock we will need 6+ runs and the bullpen to go 4+ innings. They have a better chance at putting up those runs against Shields. That's my guess.

It doesn't matter who starts...whether they score 11 runs (Pelfrey)...or none at all (most of JV's starts they only score a few). When the offense shows, they tend to win. When it doesn't, they don't. They tend to hit left handed starters better.

obviously this is anecdotal but this team has seemed to support the bad starters relatively well. Of course that's just random and not repeatable but hit the ball well with Boyd and Pelfrey on the mound this weekend, seems to be a trend this year.

Sanchez makes 16M a season. That's why he's pitching tomorrow.

If you're looking for an example of a sunk cost fallacy, look no further than Anibal Sanchez

On the bright side, the main prospect we traded for him a few years ago his hot garbage as well. Takes the sting out of it.

Internet service was just restored to our neighborhood, and I need to post this "eating crow" message. Sanchez proved me wrong tonight with a very strong performance. Hope it continues.

Man, who'd have thunk it: Pelfrey + Sanchez last two starts = 11 innings and one earned run. Go figure.

Back