Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. whitesox 8-02-16 Game 106

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
TIGERS (career numbers off Shields).
Ian Kinsler, 2B (16-for-61, 2 doubles, 5 HR, 4 walks, 4 K?s)
Cameron Maybin, CF (5-for-15, walk)
Miguel Cabrera, 1B (22-for-60, 9 doubles, 3 HR, 6 walks, 11 K?s)
Victor Martinez, DH (14-for-49, 4 doubles, HR, walk, 9 K?s)
Justin Upton, LF (0-for-5, walk, K)
Tyler Collins, RF (1-for-1)
James McCann, C
Andrew Romine, 3B (1-for-8, 2 K?s)
Jose Iglesias, SS (2-for-8, K)
P: Anibal Sanchez

whitesox (career numbers vs. Sanchez).
Adam Eaton, RF (6-for-14, 2 HR, walk, 5 K?s)
Tim Anderson, SS (2-for-4, 2 K?s)
Melky Cabrera, LF (15-for-34, double, triple, 5 K?s)
Jose Abreu, 1B (8-for-14, 2 doubles, 2 HR, 2 walks, K)
Justin Morneau, DH (7-for-25, 2 doubles, walk, 4 K?s)
Todd Frazier, 3B (1-for-7, 4 K?s)
Dioner Navarro, C (4-for-13, K)
Charlie Tilson, CF
Tyler Saladino, 2B
P: James Shields

Nick Castellanos gets the day off for Tuesday?s series opener. He?s 1-for-16 with six strikeouts against James Shields.
Andrew Romine is 1-for-8 with two strikeouts off Shields, but with lefties Chris Sale and Jose Quintana coming up Wednesday and Thursday, Romine?s best fit for a spot start was tonight.
The White Sox swapped outfielders on their roster, calling up just-acquired Charlie Tilson to take the place of just-optioned J.B. Shuck. Tilson, acquired from the Cardinals for Zach Duke, makes his Major League debut, batting eighth and starting in center field. He was batting .282 at Memphis with 16 doubles, eight triples, four homers and 34 RBIs.
JasonBeck

The Tigers come in having swept the previous two series. That hot streak, of course, only dates back to the last time they faced the White Sox, when they suffered two bottom-of-the-ninth losses in one day in Chicago. The Tigers have won eight of their last 10 home series, and 24 of their last 34 home games. The Tigers haven?t, however, won a game started by Anibal Sanchez since April 28, and are 3-13 overall when he starts. James Shields, on the other hand, has pitched to a 1.71 ERA in his six starts since June 29, but gone just 3-3.

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.s...ers_gameday_white_s_2.html#incart_river_index
Detroit Tigers Gameday: Win streak at 6 as White Sox come to town.
Mlive

http://www.blessyouboys.com/2016/8/...chicago-white-sox-game-preview-anibal-sanchez
Game 106 Preview: Chicago White Sox at Detroit Tigers.
bybtb

http://espn.go.com/mlb/preview?gameId=360802106
White Sox-Tigers preview.
espn

http://www.baseball-reference.com/previews/2016/DET201608020.shtml
Detroit Tigers vs. Chicago White Sox, at Comerica Park, August 2, 2016 Matchups, Tickets, Preview.
Baseball Reference

Andrew Romine is 1-for-8 with two strikeouts off Shields, but with lefties Chris Sale and Jose Quintana coming up Wednesday and Thursday, Romine’s best fit for a spot start was tonight.

With that logic, why isn't Salty starting tonight? McCann sucks at righties and probably isn't sitting with two lefties.

FYI...in the last 26.3 IP Sanchez has had as a starter, DET has only scored 1 run while Sanchez was on the mound. This isn't justifying how poorly he has pitched, just that it probably didn't matter who was on the mound in those starts.

Andrew Romine is 1-for-8 with two strikeouts off Shields, but with lefties Chris Sale and Jose Quintana coming up Wednesday and Thursday, Romine?s best fit for a spot start was tonight.

With that logic, why isn't Salty starting tonight? McCann sucks at righties and probably isn't sitting with two lefties.

Brad logic, isn't it just swell.. :ugh:

I get my hopes back up some, and then they (Ausmus) do stupid shit like this with their comments.

Upton with warning track power. He didn't have his bowl of Wheaties this morning.

DET working on 30 innings of scoring just 1 run with Sanchez starting. I imagine he is difficult to pitch inning after inning without your team scoring you some runs.

Last edited:
Shields shutting us down dang it all :(

Come on Tigers start hitting .

Remind me again why we can't beat Cleveland while the Twins are beating the shit out of them? I hope Cleveland collapses.

Remind me again why we can't beat Cleveland while the Twins are beating the shit out of them? I hope Cleveland collapses.

Because they can put 6-7 Lefthanded hitters in the lineup against their Righthanded dominant starting staff. and we generally only put Victor out there.

Because they can put 6-7 Lefthanded hitters in the lineup against their Righthanded dominant starting staff. and we generally only put Victor out there.

I guess we need to hope everyone else can beat Cleveland for us. Seriously, the Tigers need to find a way to win 4 or 5 of the 6 remaining with the Tribe.

Back