Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

White Soxs @ Tigers 8-3-16 Game 107

tigermud

Detroit (58-48)

Kinsler, 2B
Maybin, CF
Miggy, 1B
VMart, DH
Nick, 3B
Upton, LF
Aviles, RF
McCann, C
Iggy, SS

P: Fulmer (9-2, 2.50)

White Soxs (51-55)

Eaton, CF
Anderson, SS
Cabrera, LF
Abreu, 1B
Morneau, DH
Frazier, 3B
Garcia, RF
Navarro, C
Saldino, 2B

P: Sale (14-4, 3.17)

Game Notes

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/mlb/tigers/2016/08/03/detroit-tigers-chicago-white-sox/87989826/

Yes JD is back but Aviles still starting in RF, More Brad logic.. If Sale tears up any jerseys again just before his scheduled start against the tigers i'll try to get the lineup updated asap

Did JD miss the flight in or something?????

Tigers RF J.D. Martinez, sidelined since mid-June (elbow), has rejoined the Tigers after completing his rehab assignment with Toledo. He is not in the lineup tonight but is available to pinch-hit if needed. Won't be taking batting practice, though. Team wants to get him a day off before he returns.

Tigers RF J.D. Martinez, sidelined since mid-June (elbow), has rejoined the Tigers after completing his rehab assignment with Toledo. He is not in the lineup tonight but is available to pinch-hit if needed. Won't be taking batting practice, though. Team wants to get him a day off before he returns.

If he's not ready then don't bring him back up. Their medical staff really baffles me at times. Or maybe they just aren't listening to Rand.

I've been really thinking a lot the last couple days about their medical staff being questionable. Why did Pelfrey pitch when Brad said after the game that his back problem was there before the game? Then thinking back to the last 2 seasons of JV and Miggy having lingering problems.

If he's not ready then don't bring him back up. Their medical staff really baffles me at times. Or maybe they just aren't listening to Rand.

I've been really thinking a lot the last couple days about their medical staff being questionable. Why did Pelfrey pitch when Brad said after the game that his back problem was there before the game? Then thinking back to the last 2 seasons of JV and Miggy having lingering problems.

Mud Hens were going to Louisville today. I'm sure he wasn't going to travel there then take a plane back to Detroit for a 1PM game tomorrow.

Mud Hens were going to Louisville today. I'm sure he wasn't going to travel there then take a plane back to Detroit for a 1PM game tomorrow.

Bottom line is he shouldn't be back unless he's full go. Obviously they don't think he is.

Bottom line is he shouldn't be back unless he's full go. Obviously they don't think he is.

so you want them to call someone else up just for today's game? It makes perfect sense to do it the way they did it.

Sale is painting the corners. Nothing over the play more than a hair.

Sales is a pitcher you got to play small ball till you get a lead, and then set him up for the long ball. Fulmer just need to match him inning for inning till Tigers break him down. Got to take some pitches.

He's 7 for 38 lifetime against him, but somehow has only K'd 3 times. How the hell can you put the ball in play that often and NEVER find a hole? lol

.184 against any one is not good. Did not realize he had only K'ed 3 time against Sale.

Back