Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Are we to believe?

jdeb

I am totally confused with this team. Very happy with their play as of late.

Finally, we are seeing the offense that many have been waiting to see. JV is back, Fulmer is the real deal. Zimmerman is solid. Bullpen is improved. Maybin clearly is the straw that stirs the drink.

Can this lineup sustain this? I doubt it but consistent results would be welcome. They are looking more like a 90 win team now. I hate to be negative but I am waiting for the proverbial losing streak. Are they for real?

I love what's happening, but we will soon find out if they are for real.

This weekend vs. the Mets will be a good test.

Next week on the road at Texas will tell us a lot.

And August 22 home against Cleveland will be the real litmus test.

We'll see........

It's fair to approach this team with tempered optimism but I felt the team had a chance to compete because of the offense.

I think it depends on a what Zimmerman and JD do going forward. I really think this start today by Zimmerman is HUGE.

JD being back is huge too. No Maybin or Vmart today. Romine playing 1B and Collins in CF. Miggy DH.

Tigers are like a large sign with neon letters, some that are always off, some always on, and some that erratically go on and off...which are the ones that determine winning or losing games-series-streaks.

Are we to believe?

Would like to, want to, do sometimes, last many years though seems they often do just enough to keep hope avile only to thrust the dagger in the heart again. 11 Texas 12 San Fran 13 Boston 14 Baltimore still hurt..it runs deep yet still not as bad as the pain with the lions. Lol

Last edited:
Big series here in Texas. Which team is going to show up? That home stand was a big tease IMO.

If McCann sat against RHP...I might have faith. But as long as he continues to start against RHP and not produce on offense and defense, this team is destined to finish out of the playoffs.

If McCann sat against RHP...I might have faith. But as long as he continues to start against RHP and not produce on offense and defense, this team is destined to finish out of the playoffs.
Not to mention poor defense and base running blunders.

Back