Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers @ Mariners 8-10-16 Game 114

tigermud

Detroit (61-52)

Kinsler, 2B
Collins, CF
Miggy, 1B
VMart, DH
JD, RF
Upton, LF
McGehee, 3B
McCann. C
Aviles, SS

P: Verlander (12-6, 3.52)

Mariners (59-53)

Aoki, LF
Smith, RF
Cano, 2B
Cruz, DH
Seager, 3B
Lind, 1B
Zunino, C
Martin, CF
Marte, SS

P: Hernandez (6-4, 3.55)

Game Notes

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/mlb/tigers/2016/08/10/detroit-tigers-seattle-mariners/88506478/

Night off for Iggy, Aviles at short, swell..yeah idk either, I stopped trying to understand Brad Logic after Chicago.

Tough loss last night Frankie has turned to crap all of a sudden and Upton is struggling again at the plate. Let's get it going Upton!!! Offense needs ya to step it up.

Cleveland lost today, let's get last nights game back in the standings tonight boys!

Last edited:
Stating the obvious but this would be a really good time for JV to throw an 8 or 9 inning gem....again.

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2016/08/shane_greene_bruce_rondon.html#incart_river_index
Tigers expect Shane Greene, Bruce Rondon to be back in bullpen Friday.
Mlive

As you’ve probably heard by now, Cameron Maybin is officially on the disabled list. Since the move is retroactive to last Thursday, he’ll be eligible to return a week from Friday. Instead of calling up another position player as expected, the Tigers called up Warwick Saupold to have a fresh arm in the bullpen after last night’s 15-inning marathon sapped most of Detroit’s relief corps.
Also getting a break with Jose Iglesias, who played all 15 innings Tuesday night, as well as every inning of every game since July 21. It also probably doesn’t hurt that Mike Aviles, who did not play last night, is 7-for-20 with a pair of doubles off Felix Hernandez.
JasonBeck'sTigersBlog

http://m.mlb.com/gameday/tigers-vs-mariners/2016/08/10/448563#game=448563,game_state=live,game_tab=
Gameday.

Last edited:
1-2 count dummy. Waste a freaking pitch to Cano . Our staff is just dumb at times.make it unhitable to such a good hitter.

Last edited:
What the fk is with this strike zone moly balls this is a bunch of horseshit, I keep hearing it's gotten smaller this year. I haven't seen it, seems like it's larger to me

Last edited:
Why should I give credit to Cano when all the Mariners were chasing so badly last night? Who cares if he went out and hit a good pitch? If you waste a pitch that is unhitable jv may get him to chase. It is what it is and now we are behind. The little differences count between making the playoffs or being a few games out and playing golf.

Last edited:
When will Upton have one of his hot streaks?

Maybe next year after a nice long off season for him to try and figure out how to get out of his own head. He's so %}^% lost at the plate it's not even funny

Last edited:
Sonavabitch! This isn't going well, I've seen enough already for the night..damn it all this is how it rolls...always just enough to stay in it, keep ya watching, then here comes another dagger, shit never ends

Last edited:
So Cano gets a 0-2 change up or slider right down the heart of the plate?

I just do not understand why we don't use the darn count when the batter is in the hole.

Now can out freaking hitters wake the freak up ?

I need a bagle.

Last edited:
Back