Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs, rangers 8-12-16 Game 115

Can't believe JD scored. Seemed like he was going to be out by a mile. 4-1

Last edited:
McCann playing over salty . Why keep stats.

Last edited:
Disgusting .. get to 5 runs...starter shits the bed. Have decent to really good pitching last 4 games and hitters shit the bed sadly..

Last edited:
Miguel Cabrera's double in the seventh inning was the 515th of his career, tying Joe Cronin for No. 51 all time. Miggy moves past Edgar Martinez.

James McCann: Two extra base hits and three RBI — off Yu Darvish, no less — for the Tigers’ backstop.

Warwick Saupold: Even if he didn’t look all that dominant in his outing, three scoreless innings is better than we can say for Anibal Sanchez in this game.

Anibal Sanchez: Sanchez allowed a HR/9 of 36.0 in this game.

Weather: I thought Texas was supposed to be dry.

STATS AND INFO:
The Tigers have lost five straight games.

The Tigers’ pythagorean expected win-loss record is 59-56, two wins short of their current 61-54 mark.

Last edited:
DET is 4-15 in Sanchez starts

3-2 with Salty catching him

1-13 with McCann catching him

Salty has not caught Sanchez in his last 14 starts (April 28th was last).

Sanchez last 2 years:

w/McCann Catching = 1.86 HR/G

w/Saltalamacchia = 1.44 HR/G

w/Avila catching = 0.86 HR/G

DET Pitchers last 2 seasons:

w/McCann catching = 1,514.6 IP 209 HR 1.24 HR/G

wo/McCann catching = 954.0 IP 110 HR 1.04 HR/G

DET is 4-15 in Sanchez starts

3-2 with Salty catching him

1-13 with McCann catching him

Salty has not caught Sanchez in his last 14 starts (April 28th was last).

Sanchez last 2 years:

w/McCann Catching = 1.86 HR/G

w/Saltalamacchia = 1.44 HR/G

w/Avila catching = 0.86 HR/G

DET Pitchers last 2 seasons:

w/McCann catching = 1,514.6 IP 209 HR 1.24 HR/G

wo/McCann catching = 954.0 IP 110 HR 1.04 HR/G

That loss probably was McCann's fault. He went 2-4 with a 2B, HR and 3 RBI. He did catch 8 innings. The first 4 he didn't know what he was doing and gave up 4 HRs and 8 earned runs. The second 4 he figured it all out and he gave up no HRs and 0 runs.

That loss probably was McCann's fault. He went 2-4 with a 2B, HR and 3 RBI. He did catch 8 innings. The first 4 he didn't know what he was doing and gave up 4 HRs and 8 earned runs. The second 4 he figured it all out and he gave up no HRs and 0 runs.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Just reporting the facts.

Lineup getting weaker by the day...injuries galore and upton isn't steeping up to help bridge carry the gap like we are told he's capable of. Five back again now? Bleeeeh

Only 1.5 back of second wild card spot though yet, hmmm thought it would have been more than that after dropping five straight...interesting..not over yet but damn can they survive all these injuries for another few weeks, idk...

Last edited:
Lineup getting weaker by the day...injuries galore and upton isn't steeping up to help bridge carry the gap like we are told he's capable of. Five back again now? Bleeeeh

Only 1.5 back of second wild card spot though yet, hmmm thought it would have been more than that after dropping five straight...interesting..not over yet but damn can they survive all these injuries for another few weeks, idk...

Losing our 3rd baseman, Short stop, and Centerfielder hurts, add that 2 starting pitchers are also on the DL hurts as well. Zimmermann having trouble staying healthy, and Pelfrey a poor man's number 5 starter.
Plus Sanchez, who is 80/90% trick instead of treat.
Add that Greene had a slight back problem, and imo K-Rod being over used whether or not consecutive days or something up with him too. Yet they still won't bring up Joe Jimenez for BP depth.
At least with McGehee they don't lose as much as having Aviles play 3rd, woof he is at the end of the line, and bringing up Machado at least the defense should be ok, but honestly I don't see Collins as a real CF'er. He is doing the best he can, as does Romine when he is out there. I don't like Carlos Gomez, but if he is healthy he can play there if they took a flier on him.
Too many leaks in the dam to go far in the playoffs if they survive all this and some how could make it.

Losing our 3rd baseman, Short stop, and Centerfielder hurts, add that 2 starting pitchers are also on the DL hurts as well. Zimmermann having trouble staying healthy, and Pelfrey a poor man's number 5 starter.
Plus Sanchez, who is 80/90% trick instead of treat.
Add that Greene had a slight back problem, and imo K-Rod being over used whether or not consecutive days or something up with him too. Yet they still won't bring up Joe Jimenez for BP depth.
At least with McGehee they don't lose as much as having Aviles play 3rd, woof he is at the end of the line, and bringing up Machado at least the defense should be ok, but honestly I don't see Collins as a real CF'er. He is doing the best he can, as does Romine when he is out there. I don't like Carlos Gomez, but if he is healthy he can play there if they took a flier on him.
Too many leaks in the dam to go far in the playoffs if they survive all this and some how could make it.

What's funny is that at the beginning of the season if you said that losing Nick, Maybin and Iggy's bats would mean so much to this team you'd have been laughed off the board. lol

What's funny is that at the beginning of the season if you said that losing Nick, Maybin and Iggy's bats would mean so much to this team you'd have been laughed off the board. lol

Yeah probably by some or most. Looking at the roster to start the season though the depth was lacking. and the twins Romine and Aviles, one was sufficient and still is.
Yes I was down on Castellanos last year and early to begin the season, very happy he has hit much better overall and his glove has become a positive in my eyes.
and most everyone didn't think too highly of Maybin, me calling him mayday. Iggy I forget if he started out poorly but seem to remember he dod have a tough stretch earlier, but played better before this.

With all of them not due back until late August to early September, it would be a miracle for them to be close enough to get to the playoffs.

Back