Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. rangers 8-13-16 Game 116

Boyd has been good in July and August.

6 Starts, 2.16 ERA, 1.02 WHIP

I agree. People have had problems with him only going 5 innings though. He seems to be the pitcher that always sparks back up that stupid quality start debate.

I agree. People have had problems with him only going 5 innings though. He seems to be the pitcher that always sparks back up that stupid quality start debate.

I'm not a QS guy as 6-3 doesn't seem like a quality start, imo. But I do like starters when they can pitch 7-8 innings.

I'm not a QS guy as 6-3 doesn't seem like a quality start, imo. But I do like starters when they can pitch 7-8 innings.

Last year league average was 5.8 innings per start. Last year there were 49 MLB pitchers that averaged more than 6 innings per start. There were only 3 that averaged 7 or more innings per start. Kershaw 7.1; Greinke 7.0 and Keuchel 7.0

I'm with you there. I'm just realistic that there aren't that many pitchers doing that today.

Last year league average was 5.8 innings per start. Last year there were 49 MLB pitchers that averaged more than 6 innings per start. There were only 3 that averaged 7 or more innings per start. Kershaw 7.1; Greinke 7.0 and Keuchel 7.0

I didn't say they had to average 7. Just get there more than once every 15 starts. More than half of JV's starts are 7+. That's a starter.

I didn't say they had to average 7. Just get there more than once every 15 starts. More than half of JV's starts are 7+. That's a starter.

JV is the exception...not the rule. Like I said...only 49 pitchers averaged more than 6 innings per start in 2015, JV was 12th at 6.7. Sanchez was 30th at 6.3...you do remember how effective he was last year!

JV is the exception...not the rule. Like I said...only 49 pitchers averaged more than 6 innings per start in 2015, JV was 12th at 6.7. Sanchez was 30th at 6.3...you do remember how effective he was last year!

Again the average? I didn't say he should get there every game.. Are you hearing impaired?

The number is 79 for all MLB starters. Not sure where you got 49. 113 starters with at least 5.8 IP.

The average QS = 50% in 2015

119 starters had at least 50%, 99 with at least 10 Game Started

Michael Fulmer is thru 8 innings with 94 pitches. With 8 innings today, he also now officially qualifies for AL ERA race. Currently 2.27

JD Martinez 2-run homer in the 7th inning is the 100th of his major league career.

Miguel Cabrera hits career home run No. 435,
breaking a tie with Juan Gonzalez and Andruw Jones for 44th in MLB history.

Wow, I didn't think Fulmer would qualify. Awesome.

Just realized I posted for Sunday in yesterdays game thread. dumb.

The number is 79 for all MLB starters. Not sure where you got 49. 113 starters with at least 5.8 IP.

The average QS = 50% in 2015

119 starters had at least 50%, 99 with at least 10 Game Started

It appears # of qualified pitchers over 6 IP/Start was closer to 49 for the year. Which seems more relevant than looking at all.

It appears # of qualified pitchers over 6 IP/Start was closer to 49 for the year. Which seems more relevant than looking at all.

There was only 61 qualified AL starters in 2015.

32 averaged 6.0 IP or more (52.2%) (47 non-qualified)

43 averaged 5.8 IP or more (70.5%) (65 non-qualified)

There was 124 qualified MLB starters in 2015

59 averaged 6.0 IP or more (48.8%) (79 non-qualified)

80 averaged 5.8 IP or more (64.5%) (113 non-qualified)

So 70.5% of "qualified" AL starters met the 5.8 IP average.

Back