Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers @ Rangers 8-14-16 Game 117

manchild98

TIGERS (62-54):

Kinsler 2B
Collins CF
Miggy 1B
VMart DH
JD RF
Upton LF
McGehee 3B
McCann C
Romine SS

Fulmer P 9-3 2.43 era

RANGERS (69-49):

Choo RF
Desmond CF
Beltran DH
Beltre 3B
Odor 2B
Lucroy C
Moreland 1B
Profar SS
Mazara LF

Griffin P 5-1 4.38 era

3:05 PM start time

http://www.espn.com/mlb/preview?gameId=360814113
http://m.mlb.com/gameday/tigers-vs-...618?#game=448618,game_state=preview,game_tab=
http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2016/08/tigers_lineup_tyler_collins.html#incart_river_index
http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2016/08/tigers_texas_rangers.html#incart_river_index

Surprise! Brad goes back to McCann vs a RHP that dominates righty's.

This year's splits vs Griffin

Righty's have hit .194/.291/.273 for a .565 OPS

Lefty's have hit .276/.343/592 for a .935 OPS

So basically based on these splits he's sitting Miggy(.934 OPS) for Aviles(.531 OPS).

oh sure why not, Daily dose of Brad Logic, McCann vs rights because maybe the result will be different against a guy that really dominates rights

ahh well, I've just learned to accept that he's not too bright. Projection, the Tigers will win today despite brad and finish the road trip 2-4 and i'm not watching most of it.

Last edited:
Stop chasing the high fastball tigers, they was doing that last night to, all three batters chased high fastballs in the first, hope that crap stops here now

Last edited:
Kinsler chases the high fastball again uggg..I'll leave now so they knock it off

Tigers with a little uprising here in the 6th now two outs and Brads auto out Right batting McCann up! And My goodness if he did not get a hit 3-0!

Lettuce just can't hit a change up. McCann heating you verses Rhp!!! Brads a genuis!!!

Tigers doing a good job of trying to salvage this road trip. Rangers are a damn good team.

PC 65 after 6 for Fulmer. Boyd pitched great last game. Too bad tigers spend money on broken down Zimmerman. And Sanchez can't get it together and what a poor pickup in pitiful!
Any ways Tigers hit some runs home with Kinsler 22 and J.D. 15 going deep to give Fulmer a 6 run lead now 6-0 Hold them Michael.

Nice way to finish a series...complete game pitching performance and the offense showed up. And we beat a playoff team on the road.

Michael Fulmer is thru 8 innings with 94 pitches. With 8 innings today, he also now officially qualifies for AL ERA race. Currently 2.27

JD Martinez 2-run homer in the 7th inning is the 100th of his major league career.

Miguel Cabrera hits career home run No. 435,
breaking a tie with Juan Gonzalez and Andruw Jones for 44th in MLB history.

Man, Michael Fulmer just pitched a great game.
CG Shutout, 4 hits, 9 K's 95 Game Score ERA now at 2.25

Tigers 4 - rangers 0
Michael Fulmer CG Shutout 9 K's 95 Game Score
Kinsler Victor JD Miggy with Bombs
Tigers Victory Cigar

http://m.tigers.mlb.com/det/video/search?team_id=116&tagName=Detroit Tigers
Webvideo Highlights of the Tigers 7 - 0 win over the rangers.

Michael Fulmer — Michael Fulmer threw a complete game shutout with nine strikeouts and four hits allowed.

Victor Martinez — Broke open the game with a 325-foot (or so) home run in the fourth.

Ian Kinsler — Got back on track with his first home run since August 4, giving the Tigers a four-run lead at the time.

J.D. Martinez and Miguel Cabrera, too.

STREAKS AND STATS:
Michael Fulmer became qualified for the ERA title after his sixth inning of work. At that point his 2.31 ERA led the American League. He finished the game at 2.25
This was Fulmer’s first appearance in the ninth inning as a major league starter. He complete eight innings on July 17. He also threw his major league high for pitches with 112.
It’s Fulmer’s first career shutout.
Fulmer is the first rookie pitcher to reach 10 wins this season. (We might not care about wins but RoY might!).

J.D. Martinez’s seventh-inning home run was the 100th of his career.

The Tigers’ 1 (Kinsler), 3 (Miguel Cabrera), 4 (Victor Martinez) and 5 (JD Martinez) hitters each homered.

The back-to-back shutouts here in Texas are a first: Tigers have only had 15 shutouts in 44 years here ...and never in consecutive games.

Last edited:
Looking away seems to have worked again! Fulmer complete game shutout to boot wow. Still five back though damit. I'd like to see Brad have a leyland moment and just say I'm the manager and I'll set the lineup and play who I damn well decide, if fans don't like it that's fine but tough shit! Guy needs more spunk

Fullmer is the clear leader for AL ROY. Kid looks like a future Cy Young winner. What a pickup.

Back