Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. redsox 8-18-16 Game 121

Tigers beat the Masshole redsox 4 - 3,

no matter what happened before today or later, this is a good day!!

That may have been the most important win of the season. The season may already be over but if they lose that game it pretty much seals the deal. Already out of the division race and we're chasing the Sox for the WC and a bad showing in this series and that gap becomes too large, not to mention we get passed up by even more teams like Seattle, NY, and even KC inching closer to us again. What a horrible week and a half its been. Go from the highest of highs to the lowest of lows. We get fantastic starting pitching but the offense is stuck in neutral with a 1 run per game quota. That breakout in the 8th was as surprising as it gets

oh good they won, this might be the first time all year I didn't know or completely forgot what time they were playing.

Awesome to win!!!

But I'll NEVER support taking Miggy out like that.....or VMart for that matter too.

420th career save for Francisco Rodriguez, that's two shy of tying Billy Wagner for 5th all-time Tigers.

Awesome to win!!!

But I'll NEVER support taking Miggy out like that.....or VMart for that matter too.

especially not with a guy whom just got plunked on the knee the day before and was said to miss a game or two? Brad appears to be mystifying stupid.

our ol' pal Ricky P going against the Tigers tomorrow, he's been having a very good year, glad Fulmer is going against him, maybe have a shot. That is if the offense and hit their way out of a wet paper sack

Holaday? was that Bryan Holaday that caught for the red soxs today, when the hell did he end up in Boston

http://m.tigers.mlb.com/det/video/search?team_id=116&tagName=Detroit Tigers
Webvideo Highlights of the Tigers 4 - 3 win over the massholes redsox.

Matt Boyd: Six innings, dipping into trouble but usually extracting himself from it against a potent lineup. His only real mistake was the home run given up to Leon.
Boyd allowed one run and five hits over six innings. His ERA in his last seven starts is 2.10.

Casey McGehee: Hit a sinking liner that was eventually ruled a hit by the umpires, with a little help from New York. Also made a slick defensive play in the fourth.

Miguel Cabrera: Got his 1000th career RBI in the eighth inning.

Detroit's lineup for the first seven innings: Sheesh. You'd have thought Detroit was the team that came into town at some ungodly hour of the night.

The Wilsons: The seventh went well for Alex, but the eighth, not so much. Justin came in and allowed the two runners Alex put on to score.

STATS AND REACTIONS:
Three young pitchers that former Tigers president and GM Dave Dombrowski got on his way out the door -- Boyd, Fulmer and Norris -- are facing Dombrowski's current team in this series. I like coincidences like that.

Both Aybar and Alex "Don't Call Me Jim" Presley got their first hits as Tigers. The last time two Tigers got their first hits with the team in the same game is... a question I can't answer.

Miguel Cabrera got his 1000th career RBI in the eighth inning.

Last edited:
Holaday? was that Bryan Holaday that caught for the red soxs today, when the hell did he end up in Boston

June 8, 2010: Drafted by the Detroit Tigers in the 6th round of the 2010 amateur draft. Player signed July 6, 2010.

March 29, 2016: Traded by the Detroit Tigers to the Texas Rangers for Myles Jaye (minors) and Bobby Wilson.

August 5, 2016: Selected off waivers by the Boston Red Sox from the Texas Rangers.

I just saw Brad pitched to Betts with runners on second and third in the 9th and he hit a rope to Kinsler lol.. man the breaks of mlb,.

Back