Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Red Sox @ Tigers 8-19-16 Game #122

manchild98

TIGERS (64-57):

Kinsler 2B
Aybar SS
Miggy 1B
VMart DH
JD RF
Collins LF
McGehee 3B
Salty C
Romine CF

Fulmer P 10-3 2.25 era

RED SOX (67-53):

Pedroia 2B
Bogaerts SS
Ortiz DH
Betts RF
Ramirez 1B
Bradley CF
Leon C
Holt 3B
Benintendi LF

Porcello P 16-3 3.30 era

http://www.espn.com/mlb/preview?gameId=360819106
http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2016/08/tigers_lineup_tyler_collins_1.html#incart_river_index
http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.s...ers_gameday_red_sox_2.html#incart_river_index
http://m.mlb.com/gameday/red-sox-vs...me_tab=preview,game=448678,game_state=preview

Last edited:
Well shit, this looks like another loss. Season slipping away. Have to be pleased with Fulmer overall though. He's far exceeded expectations.

Boy this offense has just been relatively pathetic lately, when is the maybin due back?

Backend end of bostons pen, 6 more outs to go Brad surrenders

Last edited:
Seven back guys, only 40 games left, not good, time to shift focus to the up coming NFL season I guess. Nobody knows if the lions will be any good or not, I'm guessing they'll do just enough to keep ya interested before finding a way to shit the bed

Last edited:
Tigers have been on MLB in my area. Got the Tigers feed tonight. I've seen and heard more excitement out of an fish aquarium.

Getting swept by Seattle in Seattle then KC at home was the nail, if they could have only gone 3-3 with those six they'd still be in this

Last edited:
I had to rush the last comment; the full thought had more to do with wondering why the teams we play throw out back ends of the bullpen at us that still have good stats, while we throw out guys with era's between 5 and 8.

Collins probably griping about seeing a curveball with an 8-run deficit and 2 out.

J.D. Martinez: J.D. drove home the only runs of the night for the Tigers and is hitting over .400 with five bombs since his return from the disabled list.

Michael Fulmer: The rookie did a good job of settling down after a rough first inning, but he ultimately gave up six runs in 5 2/3 innings.
Fulmer will get a couple of extra days of rest before making his next start.

1-4 hitters: The burden for the top of the lineup is larger with so many replacement players at the bottom of the order, but they dropped the ball tonight, going 0-for-13.

Bruce Rondon and Mark Lowe: Expectations were not very high when either reliever entered the game, but the results were still not pretty.

STATS AND REACTIONS:
The Red Sox have a good offense and they hit Fulmer hard. The homers came from pitches in the middle of the plate, and he was not exactly unlucky to give up a career high in runs. That being said, he did impressively retire 12 of the next 13 batters, which is not something that a lot of young starters are able to do after getting lit up to start the game.

Cameron Maybin, Nick Castellanos, and Jose Iglesias are out of the lineup with injuries, but does anyone know where Ian Kinsler has gone? There is no real reason to worry about Kinsler, but going 3-for-27 during the past week has certainly not helped the struggling offense.

Speaking of the offense, the bats have been irritatingly quiet as of late. Injuries are definitely part of it, but there are enough big names in the lineup to expect more runs to cross the plate. Over the past two weeks the Tigers have a bottom-five offense in terms of wRC+.
Porcello pitched well, but the offense?s issues started way before tonight.

In the standings, the Tigers fall to 4 1/2 games behind the Red Sox and seven games behind Cleveland.
On the field, they hardly look a playoff team right now. When completely healthy they can ? and should ? be much more competitive, but at that point it may be too late.

Back