Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. redsox 8-21-16 Game 124

The Tigers today announced that INF Jose Iglesias is scheduled to begin an injury rehab assignment with Triple A Toledo tomorrow.

JDMartinez1 has now hit safely in 12 straight games after a 2-out, 2-RBI double in the bottom of the 3rd.

Justin Upton now has 12 multi-homer games in his career and 2 this season (last, 6/20 vs. Seattle).

Would have let JV go one more though he was only at 98 pitches, Brad just assumes 9 runs is enough against Boston with 3 innings to go yet..because..well becuase he's brad

Last edited:
Brad is such a huge dumbass, I want this ass clown fired

Last edited:
With this bullpen you can never assume a game is over. Another poor decision from Bad Lossmus.

Probably the most potent offense in all of baseball in Boston against one of the worst bullpens in the majors. Makes sense to go to the bullpen early. Brad logic.

Defensive indifference steal allowed in the 8th manager and players mentally shut it down after going up 9 as if it's in the bag, makes me sick. Unacceptable Avila

Last edited:
http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2016/08/miguel_cabrera_hits_by_venezue.html#incart_river_index
Miguel Cabrera passes Bobby Abreu, now has 3rd-most hits among Venezuelan players.
Mlive

Cabrera now has 2,471 hits, tied for No. 103 all-time overall. He's 206 hits behind Hall of Fame shortstop Luis Aparicio, who is No. 2 among Venezuelans.
It will take a couple more seasons for Cabrera to pass Omar Vizquel, who has more hits than any other Venezuelan big-leaguer.

Cabrera already lead all Venezuelan-born players in home runs (435), RBIs (1,523), batting average (.320), on-base percentage (.398), slugging percentage (.561) and total bases (4,324).

All-time MLB hits by players from Venezuela:
1. Omar Vizquel 2,877
2. Luis Aparicio 2,677
3. Miguel Cabrera 2,471
4. Bobby Abreu 2,470
5. Andres Galarraga 2,333
6. Dave Concepcion 2,326
7. Magglio Ordonez, 2,156

Last edited:
http://m.tigers.mlb.com/det/video/search?team_id=116&tagName=Detroit Tigers
Webvideo Highlights of the Tigers 10 - 5 win over the red sox.

Justin Upton: Two homers, six RBI, and one large fanbase that is now very hopeful we’re finally seeing the Upton breakout we’ve anticipated for five months.

The rest of the offense: Every Tigers starter reached base in this game.

Justin Verlander: Losing the shutout was a disappointment, but Verlander lowered his ERA to 3.38 with another excellent outing. Final line: 6.0 IP, 3 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 5 SO.

Shane Greene: I really wanted this to be a hiss-free game, but Greene’s inning of work was pretty bad.

STATS AND REACTIONS:
I don’t know that there is a more aesthetically pleasing Tiger to watch homer than Justin Upton. It just looks violent when he connects on a pitch like he did twice in this game.
Speaking of Upton, this finally feels like that breakout we’ve been waiting for. Between Saturday’s 419 1⁄2 foot double and the two moonshots he launched on Sunday, he might finally be rounding into form.

Justin Verlander had one of the most quietly dominant performances I’ve ever seen in this game.

J.D. Martinez is red. Effing. Hot. I get why Farrell decided to intentionally walk Cabrera in the third, but this goes to show how dangerous this Tigers lineup can be when it is on.

The Tigers should find themselves an Andrew Benintendi.

Saying that Cameron Maybin is a sparkplug for this team is nothing but feelingsball — their record with him in the lineup is probably due to his 119 wRC+, not his smile and fun hand motions — but it sure does seem like he is.

Last edited:
Fuck you Ortiz. Glad the roid freak is done after this year.

I feel the same as you jas5lf. He can do no wrong in the Massholes eyes and minds. It's like if he doesn't swing at a pitch it's a ball, like the 5 foot 2 inch midget pedroia. Most of them whine like that.
What the redsox and their fans don't realize is that they have become what they would accuse the yankees of, the same.

46-43 at allstar break.
19-16 so far after the break,
------------------------------
65-59 overall

Upton's Homer was a bomb . 443 feet . Just saw the 2out five spot. Man if he could just go on his hot streak now.

Holy crap his second one was 445 feet.. wow.

Last edited:
LOL , its people like you that make me sick . Clueless ding dongs that talk out of their ass . I'm glad the people at Comerica actually have class and showed respect to one of the greatest hitters ever .

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/steroid-stigma-unfair-to-500-home-run-club-member-david-ortiz/

http://mlb.nbcsports.com/2015/03/27...-realized-with-his-players-tribune-editorial/

Ortiz is:

a. A Liar
b. A Cheater
c. The Ding-dong that never filed a grievance

Which is it? Because "d. None of the Above" is not an option.

Back