Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers @ Twins 8-23-16 Game 125

tigermud

Detroit (65-59)

Kinsler, 2B
Aybar, SS
Miggy, 1B
VMart, DH
JD, RF
Upton, LF
McGehee, 3B
McCann, C
Maybin, CF

P: Sanchez 6-12 (5.94)

Twins (49-75)

Dozier, 2B
Polanco, SS
Mauer, 1B
Plouffe, 3B
Kepler, RF
Sano, DH
Rosario, CF
Centeno, C
Santana, LF

P: Gibson 5-7 (4.90)

Game Notes

http://www.blessyouboys.com/2016/8/...s-minnesota-twins-game-preview-anibal-sanchez

--After an off day Monday, the Tigers are 7.5 games behind Cleveland in the American League Central. Detroit is three games behind Baltimore in the chase for the second and final wild card spot. Seattle also is ahead of Detroit in the wild card chase. Houston, Kansas City and New York are behind Detroit but in the race.

--Minnesota is in last place in the American Central. The Twins have lost four straight games. They've been a little better since the All-Star break overall, posting a 17-19 record.

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2016/08/tigers_twins_4.html

This is a must sweep series if the Tigers have any post season hopes.

Why Aybar is hitting 2nd over Maybin is beyond me. Must be Brad logic.

Righty , Lefty , Righty , Lefty ? I dunno just an idea even tho Aybar and Vmart are switch hitters . Maybe it will work out !

Cameron Maybin will start in center field again for the Detroit Tigers, but he's batting in the No. 9 spot in the order.

Manager Brad Ausmus said Maybin is still experiencing some soreness from the sprained thumb that sidelined him for two weeks.
Batting ninth means "maybe one less at-bat," Ausmus said.
Brad logic from Mlive

Career Away vs RHP

M. Cabrera .318 BAVG .380 OBP .547 SLG .927 OPS

T. Collins .326 BAVG .369 OBP .530 SLG .899 OPS

V. Martinez .302 BAVG .365 OBP .466 SLG .831 OPS

J.D. Martinez .278 BAVG .332 OBP .474 SLG .806 OPS

S. Moya .286 BAVG .320 OBP .471 SLG .791 OPS

J. Saltalamacchia .233 BAVG .323 OBP .414 SLG .737 OPS

N. Castellanos .261 BAVG .294 OBP .432 SLG .726 OPS

I. Kinsler .252 BAVG .312 OBP .411 SLG .723 OPS

J. Upton .245 BAVG .311 OBP .407 SLG .718 OPS

C. McGehee .262 BAVG .312 OBP .381 SLG .693 OPS

A. Pressley .241 BAVG .293 OBP .395 SLG .688 OPS

E. Aybar .271 BAVG .314 OBP .370 SLG .684 OPS

C. Maybin .247 BAVG .298 OBP .374 SLG .672 OPS

A. Gose .234 BAVG .303 OBP .342 SLG .645 OPS

M. Aviles .257 BAVG .276 OBP .363 SLG .639 OPS

J. Iglesias .245 BAVG .292 OBP .304 SLG .596 OPS

A. Romine .226 BAVG .283 OBP .288 SLG .571 OPS

J. McCann .208 OBP .246 OBP .275 SLG .521 OPS

Cameron Maybin will start in center field again for the Detroit Tigers, but he's batting in the No. 9 spot in the order.

Manager Brad Ausmus said Maybin is still experiencing some soreness from the sprained thumb that sidelined him for two weeks.
Batting ninth means "maybe one less at-bat," Ausmus said.
Brad logic from Mlive

Holy fuck, how in the hell is he managing a major league team???????????????

lol i love when umpires feel the need to be so dramatic , especially on bullshit calls .

http://m.mlb.com/gameday/tigers-vs-...#game_tab=gameday,game=448736,game_state=live
Gameday.

Home - Chris Segal, First Base - CB Bucknor, Second Base - Jim Reynolds, Third Base - Fieldin Culbreth.
This has the makings of alot of fucked up balls and strikes calls beginning with the called third strike on Miggy that Gamecast had as low and outside. Wednesdays game with that incompetent Shithead CB Bucknor.

Call hurts Tigers
Strike 3 should be ball 3
Top 1 Gibson vs Cabrera
20% call same
1.9in from edge
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CqlWl_YWgAEStxY.jpg

Last edited:
I like Maybin in the 9 hole !! haha j/k , but damn Kinsler is struggling big time

Sanchez gets called for a balk and is a bit pissed. Looks like he doesn't have much of an argument...he didn't stop.

Kinsler bobbles the ball so the run scores. Gets the out at first instead. The runner was holding if he fields it clean. 2-1

Last edited:
This board is full of excitement !! Whatever happened , what a shame ....anyway tigers gonna score at least 2 here , feeling it ! Upton stay hot kid

Well when your 7.5 out near the end of August excitement does tend to wane a little bit and a gidp from McCan't strands that lead off base runner

Last edited:
First pitch to slumpin Ian was a ball called a strike, fouls off the second pitch inside, 0-2 pitch high the maybin off to second safe, throw goes into center the maybin takes third, works count 2-2 then hits it to the only spot that won't score the run right at third one out for aybar

Last edited:
Back