Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers & Twins 8-24-16 Game 126

Well that was a nice unexpected pleasant surprise little blooper hit from the auto out man

Maybin must have figured something out the second half of last sesson.. How can you explain the numbers he has posted this year?

Maybin is a winner. This kid is an absolute fierce competitor, he wants to win and he grinds. Cannot be more impressed with him, he's the type of player you win championships with. His new swing is here to stay and he's going to be an all star here. What a great story.

Wonder what the teams ave runs per game is with the maybin in the lineup vs not

Maybin must have figured something out the second half of last sesson.. How can you explain the numbers he has posted this year?

I was banned during that time lol , but i was excited we got him ..wasnt able to post but i had him 2nd half of fantasy and he helped me big time . Pained me to watch everyone trashing him , but glad he is performing the way he is !!

They've been saying he completely changed his approach at the plate and adjusted his swing. He just tried to hit singles. I could see him batting .300 every year now. And he brings so much to the team defensively and on the base paths. What a stroke of luck.

That may be the case but how can you go to what his career numbers were to .325/.397./,397/ .794 this sesson ? What adjustments were made ? Did something click? Cause his numbers were not close to this . I find it amazing and fascinating and very exciting.

Last edited:
Miggy doesn't get enough credit for his defense he is a very good first baseman he wasn't bad at third either

Last edited:
That may be the case but how can you go to what his career numbers were to .325/.397./,397/ .794 this sesson ? What adjustments were made ? Did something click? Cause his numbers were not close to this . I find it amazing and fascinating and very exciting.

He stopped trying to do too much

Last edited:

It's no coincidence that JD Martinez had the same thing happen when coming here IMO. And I think being around two of the best pure hitters of this generation in Miggy and Victor might be a reason. You have two guys that have totally reinvented themselves as hitters when they came here and with JD it's multiple seasons now. Might also have something to do with Castellanos this year too. Kind of crazy that all the sudden we have 6 all star quality hitters on the roster when healthy and that's not including Upton.

Back