Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ezequiel Carrera stats

Maybe the defense does not drop off as much as I think with Jackson gone.. I mean EC is faster the AJ that is for sure....

Yeah he has been around... Just hope he is good enough to fill in and platoon with Davis..

I was about to mention his age. But somehow someone would take it as complaining.

Yup I agree Rebbiv... Just hope he can be close to his numbers in Toledo...

He will probably do OK for getting on base. He isn't going to have any power and he most likely won't hit very good against LHP.

As long as he gets the majority of the chances against RHP rather than Davis (until or of he proves he can't), then I am OK with him based on what we have right now.

He will probably do OK for getting on base. He isn't going to have any power and he most likely won't hit very good against LHP.

As long as he gets the majority of the chances against RHP rather than Davis (until or of he proves he can't), then I am OK with him based on what we have right now.

Agree. Now we'll see if Ausmus agrees.

Carrera has yet-to-prove he belongs in MLB. Plus, he may lose his sharp batting eye only playing every-other-game the rest of the season.

Fingers crossed! :hmm:

Carrera has yet-to-prove he belongs in MLB. Plus, he may lose his sharp batting eye only playing every-other-game the rest of the season.

Fingers crossed! :hmm:

Depends if he's part of the platoon and plays against RHP then he'll play more than every other day.

I think we are better and we will still be good next year. We will be tough come playoff time. Don't expect to much from journeyman centerfielder but maybe he will provide a spark in this bipolar team.

Maybe he can add a spark to the team the way Quinten Berry did a few years back.

I remember seeing him in Cleveland. Cabrera could cover some ground. He was a pesky little guy. If he is still the same player, I don't think that we will miss Jackson at all.

I remember seeing him in Cleveland. Cabrera could cover some ground. He was a pesky little guy. If he is still the same player, I don't think that we will miss Jackson at all.

If he's still the same player he was in Cleveland we're doomed.

If he's still the same player he was in Cleveland we're doomed.

How do you figure? He isn't going to be Mike Trout in Center and the Tigers aren't going to get anything close to Mike Trout in center. The best that we can hope for is someone that gets on base and plays solid defense. I don't see why Cabrera can't be that guy.

How do you figure? He isn't going to be Mike Trout in Center and the Tigers aren't going to get anything close to Mike Trout in center. The best that we can hope for is someone that gets on base and plays solid defense. I don't see why Cabrera can't be that guy.

You mentioned him playing like he did in Cleveland, he didn't get on base at all. .301 and .312 OBP in his 2 respective cup of coffee seasons.

I don't give a shit about his defense really, if he can't do much at the plate.

So like I said, if he's still the player he was with Cleveland, we're doomed. We just have to hop he can be a little better and bring some of what he was doing in the minors with him, but it's a stretch.

He doesn't have a whole lot of ML data..based on Cleveland, a quick view, since he played their most. His strikeout rate will probably be lower .. other than that I think Ajax is a better player.

Plus he hasn't played much in two years..who knows what he'll do.

You mentioned him playing like he did in Cleveland, he didn't get on base at all. .301 and .312 OBP in his 2 respective cup of coffee seasons.

I don't give a shit about his defense really, if he can't do much at the plate.

So like I said, if he's still the player he was with Cleveland, we're doomed. We just have to hop he can be a little better and bring some of what he was doing in the minors with him, but it's a stretch.

Austin Jackson has been around .330 for the last 3 years. So what is all of the gloom and doom about? I don't get it... but then again, this is the Tigers board.

Austin Jackson has been around .330 for the last 3 years. So what is all of the gloom and doom about? I don't get it... but then again, this is the Tigers board.

Since 2012:

M. Cabrera .404 OBP

P. Fielder .384 OBP

V. Martinez .365 OBP

D. Pedroia .356 OBP

A. Jackson .351 OBP

B. Gardner .351 OBP

J. Ellsbury .342 OBP

T. Hunter .341 OBP

A. Avila .332 OBP

I. Kinsler .330 OBP

R. Davis .317 OBP