Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

He's Baaack!

He's the best athlete on the team and only a step slower than Elliott, who is the fastest. You can bet Urban will find ways to get the ball into his hands. Braxton's legs have always been more lethal than his arm. Buckeyes' problem is that there is only one ball. Every skill player they have is a gamebreaker, every time they touch the ball. If there is an NCAA season record for number of TD's greater than 50 yards, there's a good chance that record goes down this fall.

If Sparty, Blue or any other team beats the Buckeyes this year, it will be a mighty accomplishment.

Like I said before, Braxton is hands down the best athlete of the group. Hell, he's the best athlete on the team and his future in the NFL figures to be as an athlete, not a QB. Picture him doing the kind of stuff Julian Edelman does for the Pats (Edelman played QB at Kent State). This year, I think Urban finds ways to get the ball to Braxton in space and show off those kind of skills, while terrorizing opposing defenses.

Barrett beat Cardale out for the starting spot last year and if 100% healthy, which looks like a sure thing, many think he'll do it again. JT is incredibly efficient, makes the right reads, is an accurate thrower and he never gets flustered. The kid is just an amazing leader and his teammates love him.

Cardale has the greatest physical tools. Has a cannon for an arm and he runs over linebackers. The most remarkable thing about the Bucks run to the title was the fact that Cardale was unfazed by any of it. No stage was too big. Another way of looking at it, however, is that he was playing with house money. Nobody expected him to perform like he did and many thought they'd struggle against even Wisconsin. Now, he has to compete for the spot and I wonder if he might start to feel pressure that was somehow not there against Alabama and Oregon?

If I were to bet, I'd put it on JT. Bottom line, however, is that Urban will find ways to use all three. Whoever starts is likely to take a huge lead into the locker room at half time of most games. Urban will then "call off the dogs" and go with #2 in the second half. That's when the score will get completely out of hand.

Nice problem to have.

Last edited:
Like I said before, Braxton is hands down the best athlete of the group. Hell, he's the best athlete on the team and his future in the NFL figures to be as an athlete, not a QB. Picture him doing the kind of stuff Julian Edelman does for the Pats (Edelman played QB at Kent State). This year, I think Urban finds ways to get the ball to Braxton in space and show off those kind of skills, while terrorizing opposing defenses.

Barrett beat Cardale out for the starting spot last year and if 100% healthy, which looks like a sure thing, many think he'll do it again. JT is incredibly efficient, makes the right reads, is an accurate thrower and he never gets flustered. The kid is just an amazing leader and his teammates love him.

Cardale has the greatest physical tools. Has a cannon for an arm and he runs over linebackers. The most remarkable thing about the Bucks run to the title was the fact that Cardale was unfazed by any of it. No stage was too big. Another way of looking at it, however, is that he was playing with house money. Nobody expected him to perform like he did and many thought they'd struggle against even Wisconsin. Now, he has to compete for the spot and I wonder if he might start to feel pressure that was somehow not there against Alabama and Oregon?

If I were to bet, I'd put it on JT. Bottom line, however, is that Urban will find ways to use all three. Whoever starts is likely to take a huge lead into the locker room at half time of most games. Urban will then "call off the dogs" and go with #2 in the second half. That's when the score will get completely out of hand.

Nice problem to have.

I cant think of a better 3 qb tandum in the history of college football. A great problem to have.

I'm a bit surprised he didn't go to Oregon. He has a pretty good shot at a final four there and would for sure be the starter without having to split time with anyone.

This is one of the best situations any college team has had in a long time. This team is stacked and should contend for the NC this year again. I can see VT giving tOSU a good fight week one. Beamer is a good coach and they are always good for an unconventional TD. Also Sparty is going to be tough this year, but the game is in the Shoe so that will help.

I do want Braxton to change positions. I want to see Barret, Zeke, and Miller all in the backfield. The speed option will be sick with that combo.

This is one of the best situations any college team has had in a long time. This team is stacked and should contend for the NC this year again. I can see VT giving tOSU a good fight week one. Beamer is a good coach and they are always good for an unconventional TD. Also Sparty is going to be tough this year, but the game is in the Shoe so that will help.

I do want Braxton to change positions. I want to see Barret, Zeke, and Miller all in the backfield. The speed option will be sick with that combo.

this is all true, but history is littered with champions who fail to repeat, despite having overwhelming talent.

Meyer endured that at UF already. three great seasons (& 2 national titles) interspersed with a 9-3, 9-4, and 8-5 season that saw him flame out.

this is all true, but history is littered with champions who fail to repeat, despite having overwhelming talent.

Meyer endured that at UF already. three great seasons (& 2 national titles) interspersed with a 9-3, 9-4, and 8-5 season that saw him flame out.

I'll agree with you it's not written in stone but that Florida team did win the following year. Also this team hasn't lost as much talent as a lot of teams that win a title. I'd say OSU is the favorite to be back to the playoffs of the 4 teams because they didn't lose their QB like the other 3 (granted Sims from Bama wasn't great). Of course this is just a guess, I'd say we will know more about both OSU & UM after the first game.

I'll agree with you it's not written in stone but that Florida team did win the following year. Also this team hasn't lost as much talent as a lot of teams that win a title. I'd say OSU is the favorite to be back to the playoffs of the 4 teams because they didn't lose their QB like the other 3 (granted Sims from Bama wasn't great). Of course this is just a guess, I'd say we will know more about both OSU & UM after the first game.

I also wouldn't bet against ohio st. in any given week, but I feel there needs to be someone saying otherwise here, at least for morale purposes.

it's disappointing how good they've gotten (and stayed good) under Meyer, but things have come crashing down for them (and him before).

At UF he went 9-3, 13-1 (won NC), 9-4, 13-1 (won NC), 13-1 (lost SEC title to bama), 8-5... then left under a bit of a cloud. In the 9-4 & 8-5 seasons, they came in ranked in the Top 10.

Meyer had a lot of assistants leave his UF staff which contributed to the under performance, IMO.

As for Braxton ...who gives a fuck.

This season and last and likely countless others will be vacated at some point anyways.

Meyer had a lot of assistants leave his UF staff which contributed to the under performance, IMO.

This season and last and likely countless others will be vacated at some point anyways.

Braxton is our version of Denard, he's exciting to watch and is a good teammate.

As for vacating wins we will see, until then keep hoping your coach can get you to the spot the Buckeyes are at currently.

Last edited:
I also wouldn't bet against ohio st. in any given week, but I feel there needs to be someone saying otherwise here, at least for morale purposes.

it's disappointing how good they've gotten (and stayed good) under Meyer, but things have come crashing down for them (and him before).

At UF he went 9-3, 13-1 (won NC), 9-4, 13-1 (won NC), 13-1 (lost SEC title to bama), 8-5... then left under a bit of a cloud. In the 9-4 & 8-5 seasons, they came in ranked in the Top 10.

I can appreciate your stance, I had to do this in the late 90's.
I'm thinking he has better control at OSU, he hasn't had a ton of trouble in Columbus like Florida.

But time will tell. Plus not replacing your heisman QB gets you every time. Mack Brown never recovered from losing Vince young and Carrol was smart to leave USC when he did because after Linehart the QB play there has been average at best.

In the same way that college football fans are interested in the Harbaugh story, they are interested in what Urban is building in Columbus and the unprecedented QB story that is about to unfold.

In the same way that college football fans are interested in the Harbaugh story, they are interested in what Urban is building in Columbus and the unprecedented QB story that is about to unfold.

Plus he's a good guy. I'm hoping he does what's best for the team and changes positions. He can be as elusive as anyone and I think the offense will need help in the middle and late part of the season.

Plus he's a good guy.

No doubt. Young man is a grinder and he's won lots of fans the way he's handled the situation. Strong liklihood he switches positions, in my opinion. Urban wants to maximize the number of weapons he has on the field. That means Braxton in space and one of the others calling plays.

Back