Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Blue Jays @ Tigers 7-4-15 Game #80

Kinsler's single plates 2 more. Another 3 hit day for him. 8-1.

Tigers win 8-3. You could say that is one of our best games of the year considering the circumstances surrounding Miggy (minus the Ferrell 9th inning). Everyone stepped up.

Last edited:
Good win, Alex did a decent job at first, JD is off the chain

Didn't track pitches today can't tell what's out of the zone and what isn't with a knucklehead baller that just wouldn't be civilized

Last edited:
Ferrell was probably a ball of nerves out there but yeah that 0-2 cookie right down the middle to the lead off man was like wuuuuhhhh

STREAKS AND STATS:

The first-inning double by Yoenis Cespedes marked his 24th of the season, a tie with Cubs' Anthony Rizzo for third-most in Major League Baseball.

J.D. Martinez hit his 22nd home run of the season in the first inning, second-most in the American League. Only Angels' Albert Pujols has more, with 24.
He's batting .375 with 12 HR and 28 RBI over his last 18 games.

James McCann's first-inning RBI triple marked his third of the season, most for a catcher in the AL, and tied with Rockies' catcher Michael McKenry for most in MLB by a catcher.

Jeff Ferrell made his major league debut, pitching the ninth inning for the Tigers.

The Tigers have grounded into 85 double plays this year.

Do we have another first basemen in the system or are we going to have to go get someone.. I just do not think Alex can hold up very long playing first base...But then again it has to be easier then Catcher and all the blast he takes back there.

Do we have another first basemen in the system or are we going to have to go get someone.. I just do not think Alex can hold up very long playing first base...But then again it has to be easier then Catcher and all the blast he takes back there.

Marte was brought up yesterday, although he's a 3rd baseman he did have some starts at first I guess, guessing he was chosen over others due to have the best bat upside..brad said in the post game Alex will not be playing first every day, expect to see a platoon of Alex, romine and Marte for now...not going to rule out DD going after Adam Lind now? He can also still play first I'm speculating

Also from kc's team notes thread

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2015/07/five_internal_candidates_who_c.html#0

Last edited:
Only Avila gets a break from the abuse of being catcher and then still tries to kill himself diving into the stands as a 1st baseman.

Back