Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Michigan wins!!

hungry

A little bit of a test there. I don't know how good these guys are. I still doubt they are top 25 material looking at them, but somehow they get the ball into the hoop enough to win. I like this team, though. Gone are the prima donnas.

Our freshmen have to grow up. Almost the entire second half had Levert, Spike, Walton, Irvin, and Max on the court together. That can't happen against better teams. They'd tire out very quickly and we'd get blown out. Chatman, Donnal, Doyle, and Wilson have to step it up.

You're right though. I really love this team.

Yeah it was ugly especially in the first half when we missed everything. I keep reminding myself that last year started rough as well. But this team has me worried a bit right now. They will get better I just hope they hurry up.

I wouldn't worry too much. It's way early for that. Michigan lost to a pretty lousy Charlotte team last year.

Last edited:
Yes agreed it's too early to start worrying too much about all the freshmen. I don't think it was until the first MSU game last season, that Walton really had his coming out party. We will see who grows and who fizzles.

UCONN beat the College of freaking Charleston by 8 points, and it was a 4 point game with 20 seconds left. This stuff happens all the time earlier.

Villanova is in a dog fight with Bucknell as we speak.

Oregon beat Detroit 83-66 after a close first half.. we beat Detroit 71-62 with a late surge.. We play the Ducks Monday...

Juwan Howard, Jr certainly isn't lacking in confidence now is he?

LOL Great seeing him out there but when I tried explaining to my (just now) 8yr old that Juwan Howard and I lived in the dorms at the same time and are the same age, he was a bit confused as to how Juwan Jr could already be playing college hoops while he's figuring out what to wear for Jammies Day at school!

No he's not. At one point (even though the stats don't back it up), it felt like he couldn't miss.

And that brings it back to my worry about this team, the 5 position. Donnal has shown basically nothing in the starting lineup. Doyle doesn't get much time. I'm hoping that Max can take this position and run with it.

It was just one of those nights. Detroit hit a lot of tough shots and we were off. Way off in the first half. Happens to young teams all of the time. Sure there are concerns, but it's a win. Oregon will be another good test on Monday.

i'm not down on this team at all. I said I like them

that being said, they don't look like much...but they don't really have to. We have a bunch of weird kids that can put the ball in the hoop and that is all that matters

I love the fact that with this team, they will work hard. They might not have the genetics of Hardaway or Robinson III, but I believe they will work hard every night and I'd rather have that.

That being said, I'm sure they will lose some games. I guess only UK is going to go undefeated... :/

Back