Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

For the Faithful

Earth's orbit is a pretty good example of immutable, but technically, it probably isn't. You've got the gravitational forces of the other planets and solar radiation pressure pushing the Earth perpendicular to its orbit.

Gravity? I think Idina Menzel would disagree. Gene Roddenberry too. I don't think their votes count though, so this is probably a better example.

The moon made of cheese? I have no argument with that claim.

Well, you're the scientist, and I'm the poet...

Well, you're the scientist, and I'm the poet...

Is this the wrong thread to bitch about Star Trek engineering? ...the perfect reliability of gravity plating even when power's out to life support system vs. explosive control panels?

Is this the wrong thread to bitch about Star Trek engineering? ...the perfect reliability of gravity plating even when power's out to life support system vs. explosive control panels?

Do we have a specific "Big Bang Theory" thread? I know we've made posts about it on various threads.

Anyways that or any of those would be good for Star Trek.

Hey by the way I just got "8 Simple Rules" from Netllix to watch Penny before she got old.

Y

Serious believer here, but I hesitate to get involved in these types of threads because I don't really want to argue with anybody, but there tends to be quite a bit of baiting going on and I lack self control :shrug:

Gravity, though, is really the most interesting thing in physics these days... we think we have a pretty good grasp of what it does, but really can't figure out what it IS and how to theoretically describe it in a way that is consistent from the macro to the micro. Add onto that the problem of dark matter and dark energy... it just shows us how arrogant we are to claim to know much of anything since we inhabit a tiny speck of dust floating in the middle of a vast ocean of space, especially taking into account that we have barely begun to leave the tiny speck and therefore base most our "knowledge" on long distance observations with technology that is only recently (in the grand scheme of things) been developed.

/end rant :p

Back