Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Time to reset?

In the context if we signed the guys mentioned, he could be valuable and reasonable platoon guy in the OF, cheaper than Davis.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

RC/650 Away last 3 years + UZR/150 (38 MLB qualify)

C. Rasmus (FA) 93.8
D. Span (FA) 84.2

W. Venable (FA) 78.2
C. Young (FA) 76.3

D. Fowler (FA) 67.3
A. Jackson (FA) 65.9
R. Davis (FA) 63.6

D. Stubbs (FA) 56.4
A. Gose 54.6

Stubbs would be last on my list. I would be targeting Venable or Chris Young.

I know many think the Tigers need to fix the pitching. And I agree it needs work. But really the offence did score 2 or less runs in 60 games a big amount. and there record 8-52. Those 52 loses amounted too .597% of there losses. IMO way too many.

To fix the offence will take M O N E Y. And to fix it with insurance is where the real money/need comes in.

First things first. V-Mart can not be counted on any more any thing out of him is bonus. In fact that applies to Cabrera somewhat as to how many games he can be counted on! Without either one the O is questionable.
Chris Davis provides three fixes,1 Back up to first, 2 backup to DH by way of putting Cabrera there in case of a V-Mart break down. 3 A much needed OF/ power hitter!
Front load his contract some what and signing bonus and a couple option years could/should get it.
I would really give Ben Zobrist a real look. He bats both ways. Getting him away from KC is a plus. And he plays ever where.

David Freese is a double edge sword. You get him what to do with Castellanos Left or Trade. He could bring back more in value for what you are giving up?

Matt Wieters this is a stretch but be bats both ways and would be a team mate of Davis. He's 29 now so he could be had some what better than more money.

Colby Rasmus There things I'm not thrilled on him but he plays all fields and bat left.

Not all this is out of the question and most are needed to make the Tigers playoff ready. Should V-Mart and Cabrera be healthy then some of this could be changed. Some of this needs to be looked at.
All of this would leave little money for pitching. But really Look at the teams that made the playoffs. They (some) bought PITCHING at the dead line. KC even won the SEARIES

Last edited:
Back