Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Cameron Maybin Traded to the Tigers

I agree King me neither. He appears in way over his head right now..

I read that he went to both Davis and Soria with offers and didn't like the asking price on either before swinging trades to get Maybin and KRod. Seems like more gutting of the farm system that probably didn't need to happen, and I don't think we'll be any better for it this year or in the future.

Maybin out 4-6 weeks with non-displaced fracture of left wrist.

If he does go on to suck this year, apologists will use this injury as the reason.

I predicted this team would start the season with 2-3 players on the DL. We have hardly begun ST and we already have 2. Even if Robinson and Maybin aren't much, they do offer some depth. Now some other stiff will compete for CF.

Last edited:
If he does go on to suck this year, apologists will use this injury as the reason.

I predicted this team would start the season with 2-3 players on the DL. We have hardly begun ST and we already have 2. Even if Robinson and Maybin aren't much, they do offer some depth. Now some other stiff will compete for CF.
Thank God we picked up Aviles...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

TIGERS | CAMERON MAYBIN OUT FOUR TO SIX WEEKS
Detroit Tigers OF Cameron Maybin (wrist) is expected to miss four to six weeks with a non-displaced fracture of his left wrist, the team announced
BHQ take: With Maybin likely to open the season on the DL, Anthony Gose will open the season in CF. Maybin's absence will also create a roster opening, and veteran OF/1B John Mayberry, in camp on a minor league contract, the leading candidate to snag that vacancy. Fleet-footed Gose collected 23 SB in 485 AB in 2015, though he was unable to improve his subpar contact skills. His 35% h% allowed him to outperform his xBA, producing a .254 BA and .321 OBP. Mayberry's ample power skills remain intact, though his fading contact skills have limited his opportunities in recent seasons. —Tom Kephart

Impact: High
Gose, Anthony PT Gain: 10%
Mayberry, John PT Gain: 5%
Maybin, Cameron PT Loss: -15%

Ron Shandler's BaseballHQ

Last edited:
I don't see all the hoopla over Maybin,the guy can't hit and never could, with no power at all.

I don't see all the hoopla over Maybin,the guy can't hit and never could, with no power at all.

Goose isn't exactly tearing it up though, would much rather see Maybin in against Lefties at least, can't do much worse.

Back