Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. rangers 9-29-15 Game 157

Hard to believe hamels is still in this game after the first 3 innings...did you what he did? He stopped throwing fastballs and started mowing em all down

Bunting when your out of the playoffs... Freaking ridiculous Brad..

Kinsler gave it a bid, some doofus fast guy in center ran it down Tigers lose 7-6..I'm thinking Davis may have bunted on his own on that one, not sure...dumb either way the guy throws a lot of high fastballs..not a good type of pitch to try and get a bunt down on...buncha dumbasses

Ok time for bed..

Last edited:
A 54 pitch first inning for a guy just back the past 2 weeks in a game with little meaning for the Tigers. Ausmus should have just pulled him after 30 and gone to the next pitcher.
I can't believe we have this goofy fuck for next year too, to save a few million instead of hiring a better manager and staff.

I saw an article on this earlier this morning. 54 pitches in the first for a kid coming back from injury, and it's a meaningless game to boot? Unbelievable.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=27573

The Tigers need to know whether that’s something Norris is going to be able to overcome. They need him to practice overcoming it. They need to know that defensive lapses and tight strike zones aren’t going to rattle or derail him. Crucially, if they can’t verify those things, they have very little reason to worry about Norris’ long-term health, because if Norris can’t fix this problem wherein he loses his command, his efficiency, and his ability to minimize damage, he's going to end up a reliever. In that case, Ausmus won’t have a whole lot of concern for whether long, stressful outings wear Norris down. The only concern will be whether Norris can find a comfort zone in that role and get important outs.

Norris has started 12 games this year at the MLB level. He has made it to 6 complete innings in just 3 of those games. In the minors, he started 16 games, making it to 6 complete innings in just 8.

Norris either needs to work his way through these things or he needs to be converted to a reliever. You have to expect him to have these types of games until he learns, if he learns.

I don't have a problem with what has happened. I don't think Ausmus is a good manager, but last night wasn't about him. It is about Norris. He probably would have received the same treatment from Leyland or Gardenhire. The Tigers need to know if Norris can be an effective long term starter. To this point, he has failed.

Cabrera hasn't homered since Aug. 26 -- 29 games -- the longest streak of his career. His last HR dry spell was Aug. 3-30, 2014 -- 27 games.

After he came back from injury he was smoking it for a bit. I think he reinjured himself. No power from him is not right, something must be wrong.

Miggy sitting at 17 homers is three short of twenty.. That would be 11 years of a row of 25+ homers in a row.. If he can get 3 homers in the last five games at least the streak could be amended to 12 years in a row of twenty plus homers.. Not that he cares about stats on a losing team.. We have to be concerned as his homers had really declined the last two season.. Injuries for sure plays a part.. But is he breaking down? I mean he did play 159 games last season and had only 25 homers..

Miggy sitting at 17 homers is three short of twenty.. That would be 11 years of a row of 25+ homers in a row.. If he can get 3 homers in the last five games at least the streak could be amended to 12 years in a row of twenty plus homers.. Not that he cares about stats on a losing team.. We have to be concerned as his homers had really declined the last two season.. Injuries for sure plays a part.. But is he breaking down? I mean he did play 159 games last season and had only 25 homers..

25 home runs isn't all that bad considering age and injury. Before he got hurt this season he was headed for another MVP season. No doubt. Probably just harder to get through as you become older.

Percentage of hits XBH

Cabrera

2008 = 41.7%

2009 = 34.3%

2010 = 46.7%

2011 = 39.6%

2012 = 41.0% (MVP)

2013 = 36.8% (MVP)

2014 = 40.8%

2015 = 32.4%

Coincidence...but every other year he drops below 40%.

And just think...his extension he signed right after his MVP season kicks in NEXT year. Thanks DD!

And just think...his extension he signed right after his MVP season kicks in NEXT year. Thanks DD!

Enough already. So what? He is every bit worth the money just in jersey sales alone. As long as he has the numbers he has, it is worth it.

Back