Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers @ Rangers 9-30-15 Game 158

tigermud

Detroit

Goose CF
Davis LF
Kinsler 2B
JD DH
Collins RF
Nick 3B
Avila 1B
McCann C
Lettuce SS

P: Boyd

Texas

DeShields CF
Choo RF
Beltre 3B
Fielder DH
Napoli LF
Moreland 1B
Andrus SS
Odor 2B
Chirinos C

P: Gallerdo

Miggy gets the night off, :-( makes it even harder to want to watch if Miggy isn't playing..
Gallardo is a free agent year end, wouldn't mind seeing him in a Tiger uni next year.

Miguel Cabrera is 4 for 6 lifetime against Gallardo but might sit out with his fourth AL batting title in five years all but wrapped up. Detroit manager Brad Ausmus indicated he planned to sit Cabrera for one of the final two games against Texas and the slugger was the designated hitter Tuesday with Victor Martinez out due to an ailing left quad.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/preview?gameId=350930113

Last edited:
Tigers losing 6 - 2 top of the 5th,

On the radio driving home I heard them say the rangers had 3 homeruns. Scowl face, some rookie and napoli.
I don't have much if any confidence in Boyd.

I did see last inning some asshole HP ump hallion call out Collins on a pitch 6 inches off the outside corner. Shitshow from the Tigers and the ump.

Caught some after watching survivor saw Alex whiff on a pop up that landed just barely foul, then Boyd not getting out of the 3rd then goose grounding into a dp, Craig and Rod yuckin it up about a house or sumpin wasn't paying too close attention to just want it was they yappin about, and just kinda went bleh this isn't exciting...flip, watching paranormal witness now

is this game over yet what's the hold up, why did that banister dork challenge that? What an ass

Finally..that's a wrap..the hapless brads lose again

6-2...3 maybe 4 games to go on the 2015 season of discontent disaster

Ha KC! We had a similar set of words..so it's 3 official is it? Cleveland officially out now?

Last edited:
Tigers offense 12 Hits, 2 Runs

1st inning ended with caught stealing

2nd inning ended with GIDP

3rd inning ended with caught stealing

5th inning ended with GIDP

Tigers offense 12 Hits, 2 Runs

1st inning ended with caught stealing

2nd inning ended with GIDP

3rd inning ended with caught stealing

5th inning ended with GIDP

2 guys caught stealing and one picked off. same shit all year.

Finally..that's a wrap..the hapless brads lose again

6-2...3 maybe 4 games to go on the 2015 season of discontent disaster

Ha KC! We had a similar set of words..so it's 3 official is it? Cleveland officially out now?

They only play the extra game if it has a baring on playoffs. It was official once it was rained out..

Last edited:
Avila is a pathetic baseball player and I cannot wait until this absolute scrub is no longer a Tigers player. That was hilarious watching him whiff at that popup, the dude's horrible lol.

Avila is a pathetic baseball player and I cannot wait until this absolute scrub is no longer a Tigers player. That was hilarious watching him whiff at that popup, the dude's horrible lol.

Unfortunately he's the best we got.

McCann is better than he is.

Yeah sure he is. Can't hit right handers, can't hit on the road, can't call a decent game - gives up HR at an alarming rate. A first half of good numbers against LHP pitching only doesn't change that.

Though I would like you to educate me why you think he's better? Is it the sad numbers against RHP. Or the fact his HR is basically double what Avila gives up or the fact he can't take a walk?

All I need is a set of eyes, Avila is a laughably bad baseball player, doesn't even belong in the league. McCann is at least young enough to expect a correction of his mistakes, Avila is cooked, he's awful and walks are an overrated Stat.

All I need is a set of eyes, Avila is a laughably bad baseball player, doesn't even belong in the league. McCann is at least young enough to expect a correction of his mistakes, Avila is cooked, he's awful and walks are an overrated Stat.

Well if you think your eyes are better than facts, go for it. McCann is 25, C should be able to call a game by that age. I understand Avila isn't hitting for average and hasn't in some time. But overall he's still better than McCann. McCann would need to improve a ton before next season to change that. With Avila likely gone, I expect you'll see that.. and be begging for McCann to be cut.

Back