Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

JaCoby Jones suspended 50 games

another one caught. My guess is for every one caught there are 10-20 that slip through the cracks.

Not condoning it, but it was likely just weed. He's a 23 year old kid, kids do dumb things. It's not like his numbers were PED inflated.

I really don't see how you make this a dig at DD. We all (the more intelligent of us) wanted DD to trade Soria at the deadline. He did and now to wait almost 4 months for something to happen just seems a little on the dead horse, already been beaten, side to me.

another one caught. My guess is for every one caught there are 10-20 that slip through the cracks.

READ: "JaCoby Jones has been suspended 50 games for testing positive for a drug of abuse."

Not PED's.

Not condoning it, but it was likely just weed. He's a 23 year old kid, kids do dumb things. It's not like his numbers were PED inflated.

I really don't see how you make this a dig at DD. We all (the more intelligent of us) wanted DD to trade Soria at the deadline. He did and now to wait almost 4 months for something to happen just seems a little on the dead horse, already been beaten, side to me.

The issue with this is it is his second offense and quite possibly this positive test was before being traded to DET, even though it is just coming out. If this is the case, how is this not about DD doing his due diligence. And even if the test is after, there is still a concern of acquiring a player with a past performance issue.

"Just weed" is a cop out. No one says "just alcohol" when a player gets in trouble with that. Weed is as dangerous as alcohol, if not more. There are few examples in pro sports where highly talented athletes end up out of their games at early ages due to weed use.

Dumb kid. I have my personal opinion of people smoking pot.. But stupid stuff like this gets these young kids kicked out of baseball.

READ: "JaCoby Jones has been suspended 50 games for testing positive for a drug of abuse."

Not PED's.

oh

my initial guess of for every one caught 10-20 slip through the cracks still stands....weather it is a drug of abuse or PEDs.

I challenge any father to condone his adult kids smoking pot after one of them says "it's just weed." Tigers traded a sought-after reliever for a minor-league player who needs intervention. I call that a failure on DD's part.

One guy is smoking dope, another guy has cancer.. Just have to wonder.

The issue with this is it is his second offense and quite possibly this positive test was before being traded to DET, even though it is just coming out. If this is the case, how is this not about DD doing his due diligence. And even if the test is after, there is still a concern of acquiring a player with a past performance issue.

"Just weed" is a cop out. No one says "just alcohol" when a player gets in trouble with that. Weed is as dangerous as alcohol, if not more. There are few examples in pro sports where highly talented athletes end up out of their games at early ages due to weed use.

I agree with you 100% on the due diligence questions. This is the second major red flag on players we traded for before the deadline.

Again, I'm not condoning it, but it is of a lesser problem than say PED's because then you have to question his stats, whether the player you got is really that player or inflated due to PED use.

And Miguel Cabrera has issues with alcohol, yet nobody is questioning why DD went and traded for him.

Again, I'm not condoning it, but it is of a lesser problem than say PED's because then you have to question his stats, whether the player you got is really that player or inflated due to PED use.

And Miguel Cabrera has issues with alcohol, yet nobody is questioning why DD went and traded for him.

Was the alcohol issue with Miguel Cabrera his 2nd offense when it came to light the first time?

DET traded for Miguel in December of 2007. His "issue" with alcohol happened late in 2009 and again in early 2011. Nothing since.

There was no indications that I know of that suggested Cabrera had an issue with alcohol prior to the Tigers trading for him. Miguel has gone to treatment for alcoholism and has not had a public incident since February of 2011.

What is the story with JaCoby? By all accounts, he is still smoking weed, right? Because he certainly tested positive for something.

Where is Matt Anderson, Robert Fick, Dmitri Young and Jeff Weaver? All known ex-Tiger players who were confirmed to having smoked weed during their days as a Tiger. I do not want potheads anywhere near this team.

Back