Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Cameron Maybin Traded to the Tigers

During a spring training game, I listened to Jim and Dan say as much. Said he was having problems listening to the coaches about not playing so shallow.

Interesting to hear that they see the same thing. I think some of these guys are so used to getting by on simply being more naturally gifted than others that they don't really know how to be coached to do better. I see that with Gose, Verlander, Rondon, and a few others who are on or have come and gone from recent Tigers teams. Then, you see guys like JD, Max, and others who are constantly studying and asking for input so they can make adjustments. I guess this is true in any career though.

I don't think anybody is disappointed, just pointing out that it isn't likely to last.

If the energy he apparently provides to the clubhouse last then it's still a plus even when he does return the norm. Compared to goose i'll take it

If the energy he apparently provides to the clubhouse last then it's still a plus even when he does return the norm. Compared to goose i'll take it

so you have some sort of inside information that Maybin is providing some energy to the clubhouse?

Interesting to hear that they see the same thing. I think some of these guys are so used to getting by on simply being more naturally gifted than others that they don't really know how to be coached to do better. I see that with Gose, Verlander, Rondon, and a few others who are on or have come and gone from recent Tigers teams. Then, you see guys like JD, Max, and others who are constantly studying and asking for input so they can make adjustments. I guess this is true in any career though.

You listed a guy who won a CY Young, MVP, 2nd place in Cy Young and 2 no-hitters. JV has had a good career. Don't lump him in with Gose and Rondon..

I don't think anybody is disappointed, just pointing out that it isn't likely to last.

Who cares if it's not likely? Why not just appreciate what he's doing for the team right now, and he seems to be well-liked by his teammates and is giving the team a boost in some way, instead of enjoying that people just want to point out negatives all the time.

Who cares if it's not likely? Why not just appreciate what he's doing for the team right now, and he seems to be well-liked by his teammates and is giving the team a boost in some way, instead of enjoying that people just want to point out negatives all the time.

who's to say we aren't enjoying it. I know I am...it's nice to see someone doing well for the Tigers.

I am having a hard time not liking Maybin, I like high energy, I hope that continues to rub off on everyone else and helps keep em all focused day in and day out.

Last edited:
I am having a hard time not liking Maybin, I like high energy, I hope that continues to rub off on everyone else and helps keep em all focused day in and day out.

Agreed, that would be great but they need to get better pitching all around, i'm alot more worried about that than the offense.

Night and day Maybin vrs Gose. We will see Toronto bring back their All Star 2nd baseman in a month or so. The Gose trade will haunt us for years

Maybin makes our defense so much better than Gose ever did. The only weak spot for fielding is Nick Castellanos.

Night and day Maybin vrs Gose. We will see Toronto bring back their All Star 2nd baseman in a month or so. The Gose trade will haunt us for years

I honestly had no clue we gave up our top prospect for Gose...was Gose supposed to be any good/have a high upside? My understanding is that when we got him, he was kind of a platoon guy who could provide a left handed bat - which doesnt seem to warrant a teams #1 overall prospect.

Devon Travis played really well last year in limited action, and while Kinsler is having a great season, he wont be around much longer and Travis is 9 years younger...

I honestly had no clue we gave up our top prospect for Gose...was Gose supposed to be any good/have a high upside? My understanding is that when we got him, he was kind of a platoon guy who could provide a left handed bat - which doesnt seem to warrant a teams #1 overall prospect.

Devon Travis played really well last year in limited action, and while Kinsler is having a great season, he wont be around much longer and Travis is 9 years younger...

just another dumb move because of the owner's desire to win now, at the expense of the long term health of the organization.

Not that I'm defending the trade, but why do you consider him an all-star second baseman? He is 25 and has a little over 200 career MLB ABs.

What position would Travis of played on our team this year?

Not that I'm defending the trade, but why do you consider him an all-star second baseman? He is 25 and has a little over 200 career MLB ABs.

What position would Travis of played on our team this year?

Prob be a cheap lf option or move Nick to lf and play travis third. (i.e. no Upton).

All star or not Gose wasn't good when we traded for him. It seemed like a desperate move.

Back