Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Wings acquire Marek Zidlicky

Didn't read the other thread which it is also posted in..

Looks like we did not give up to much for this veteran.. Becomes a little more if we make it to the finals..

Good trade. Even if it becomes a 2nd round pick.

Don't care that means we are playing for Lord Stanley.

Good trade. Even if it becomes a 2nd round pick.

Don't care that means we are playing for Lord Stanley.

Exactly my thought. Just glad we FINALLY have a right handed defense man so everyone can stop whining.

Agree... Gave up nothing but players whom are years away loL....

I hope they pick up Cole for the future. Helm and Franzen are never healthy. It's nice to have a solid consistent point producer who can provide good healthy minutes.

I don't see either player getting resigned here. Both are old, and while they have some offensive skill, really aren't good enough to displace the young guys going forward (both are weak defenders relative to their positions). With the depth at forward, I wouldn't want to lock out another forward spot for Cole (especially when Mantha should be healthy and ready to play all year).

The Wings are well position this summer from a cap perspective, and could have big time money available if the cap increases. If the team is ready to make a real jump into contender status, there are a handful of impact players (many defensemen) they could look to spend on.

Couple solid acquisitions and didn't damage the team long term to do it. Very nice.

If they did the Phaneuf move that was rumored it would have been disastrous long term both from the contract and players given up.

Last edited:
Back