Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Dez Bryant Franchise Tag

tomdalton22

"Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones had said Friday that the team had informed Bryant's agent that he would receive the tender. The Cowboys did not use the exclusive franchise tag on Bryant, but a team would have to give up two first-round picks if Dallas chooses not to match an offer sheet."

Does any team come in with an offer given they would have to give up 2 first round picks?

Dez, while mouthy has proven to be a stud receiver. I think fans put too much stock into draft picks.

If I were a GM, knowing the bust rate of picks anyway, to give up two picks for the chance to have an elite receiver who is proven... I do it.

Consider the busts since 2000 at the position. If you need a WR, why not give up two first round picks for an elite one, when your odds of drafting an elite WR with those two picks are minimal at best.

Busts:
Ashley Lelie
Javon Walker
Charles Rodgers
Bryant Johnson
Reggie Williams
Michael Clayton
Rashaun Woods
Troy Williamson
Mike Williams
Matt Jones
Mark Clayton