Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Headed for a Race War

Race war? Are you seriously that crazy?

And how exactly did any of the people you mentioned 'fan the flames'? I havn't seen any particularly unreasonable quotes or statements from any of them. Maybe you know something I don't in that regard.

In particular the SBA coming out and saying what they have publicly about De Blasio with their allegation blood is somehow on his hands. That is some seriously ignorant shit.

One of the cops had a Hispanic last name - Ramos; the other cop -Liu - has a name associated with people of Asian descent.

One of the cops had a Hispanic last name - Ramos; the other cop -Liu - has a name associated with people of Asian descent.

it is a race war... uh... Hispanics and Asians vs. African Americans.

We white folks are just chillin' out.

Race war? Are you seriously that crazy?

And how exactly did any of the people you mentioned 'fan the flames'? I havn't seen any particularly unreasonable quotes or statements from any of them. Maybe you know something I don't in that regard.

In particular the SBA coming out and saying what they have publicly about De Blasio with their allegation blood is somehow on his hands. That is some seriously ignorant shit.

“There is blood on many hands, from those that incited violence under the guise of protest to try to tear down what police officers do every day,” Patrick Lynch, the head of the Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association union, told reporters after de Blasio spoke Saturday night. “That blood on the hands starts on the steps of city hall in the office of the mayor.”

Lynch said that after the funerals of the two slain officers, “those who allowed this to happen will be held accountable.” Another union, the Sergeants Benevolent Association, echoed Lynch, tweeting that the “blood of 2 executed police officers is on the hands of Mayor de Blasio.“There is blood on many hands, from those that incited violence under the guise of protest to try to tear down what police officers do every day,” Patrick Lynch, the head of the Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association union, told reporters after de Blasio spoke Saturday night. “That blood on the hands starts on the steps of city hall in the office of the mayor.”

Lynch said that after the funerals of the two slain officers, “those who allowed this to happen will be held accountable.” Another union, the Sergeants Benevolent Association, echoed Lynch, tweeting that the “blood of 2 executed police officers is on the hands of Mayor de Blasio.

From Yahoo News.

Ignorant or not, these are among the last organizations that the Mayor of New York wants to find himself at odds with.

His relationship with these associations is very different than that of the Attorney General or the President, let alone Sharpton or Farrakhan.

Whether the decision of the grand jury was just or not, I am quite certain that the mayor wishing he hadn't linked that decision to a culture of "centuries of racism."

Last edited:
From Yahoo News.

Ignorant or not, these are among the last organizations that the Mayor of New York wants to find himself at odds with.

His relationship with these associations is very different than that of the Attorney General or the President, let alone Sharpton or Farrakhan.

Whether the decision of the grand jury was just or not, I am quite certain that the mayor wishing he hadn't linked that decision to a culture of "centuries of racism."

The headline of the article you linked to is interesting. It's a bit early in the game to say de Blasio is weathering this shit, no?

The headline of the article you linked to is interesting. It's a bit early in the game to say de Blasio is weathering this shit, no?

I don't know. If I had been advising the mayor, I would have advised him not to say what he said.

That being said, I'm patting myself on the back a little bit, for humorously and respect fully handing you your butt about a "race war" between Hispanics Asians and blacks.

Maybe the next time you try to engage in such a hyperbolic discussion, it might behoove you to go in actually knowing what you're talking about.

Last edited:
I don't know. If I had been advising the mayor, I would have advised him not to say what he said.

That being said, I'm patting myself on the back a little bit, for humorously and respect fully handing you your butt about a "race war" between Hispanics Asians and blacks.

Maybe the next time you try to engage in such a hyperbolic discussion, it might behoove you to go in actually knowing what you're talking about.

The cop killer had no clue. He was looking to blow up men in blue that didn't look a thing like him.

The cop killer had no clue. He was looking to blow up men in blue that didn't look a thing like him.

I was mostly just razzing you, but seriously-a lone nut job who's a member of a minority targets two cops who are also members of minorities, and you're calling this the heading into of a race war?

Last edited:
Black vs blue has potential. The ignorance of this fuck using Brown as a reason to kill cops demonstrates how the over-hyping by MSM put cops lives on the line, then that was amplified by stupidity of FPD.

If I'm the families, file lawsuits against MSM like CNN for unjustifiably creating and increasing racial tensions between black and blue with the methods and language used in their reporting.

I was mostly just razzing you, but seriously-a lone nut job who's a member of a minority targets two cops who are also members of minorities, and you're calling this the heading into of a race war?

Many people of one demographic can be prejudiced against all others. We see that with KKK for example, and the black community often says black cops are not black, they are blue. It is possible for one race to wage war against all other races, whether they are a minority or majority is immaterial. Some Muslims hate all non-Muslims, I know of some Jews who hate all non-Jews and others who specifically hate only Jews.

Point being, racism can take many forms.

I hope we see an outpouring of support from the Bed-Sty area for these cops and their families. That would go further toward overcoming racial issues than more shootings. If you want peace and decry all of these unjustifiable killings, then be against these cops being killed with same veracity as being against the Crawford killing. Both are completely unacceptable. At least this killer ended his own life, but the cops who killed Crawford without him having an opportunity to lay down his weapon or other peaceful ending, those bastards are walking free when they deserve jail at a minimum.

who's going to stand up for us poor white people and all of the opposition we face? How will we survive with the deck stacked against us?

No, no, don't worry...remember, in this current "race war" only a Hispanic and an Asian have been targeted...so we whites are cool...

who's going to stand up for us poor white people and all of the opposition we face? How will we survive with the deck stacked against us?

white privilege - better than kevlar. Except kevlar is a real thing.

The KKK, Aryan Brotherhood, and the Neo-Nazi Party have been around in America forever, protected by the First Amendment. So why is it all of a sudden when a few idiots decide to re-form the Black Panthers that we're suddenly "Headed for a Race War"?

So why is it all of a sudden when a few idiots decide to re-form the Black Panthers that we're suddenly "Headed for a Race War"?

It can't be that sudden. They were around for the Duke lacrosse scandal 8 or 9 years ago.

Back