Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Izzo is happy

Can't believe they lost this game. Looks like the state of Michigan doesn't have a good college basketball team this year.

Can't believe they lost this game. Looks like the state of Michigan doesn't have a good college basketball team this year.

I didnt even see it, glad I didnt. Soooo I guess Dawson is that important or this team is that pathetic? I have no idea what transpired other than a 1-8 team from some school ive never heard of beating us at home. :zzz:

Holy crap... I was so giddy with the Lions getting in I just saw this..... Maybe we could combined the two clubs and have a good city league team.... Sorry you guys lost a non conference game.. Well for my wife at least.....lol

I didnt even see it, glad I didnt. Soooo I guess Dawson is that important or this team is that pathetic? I have no idea what transpired other than a 1-8 team from some school ive never heard of beating us at home. :zzz:

Just atrocious, Costello was the lone bright spot shockingly. Valentine was ok, and everyone else was horrendous. Can't shoot for shit, zero rythym all game, Forbes kept chucking 3s at will. Free throws were disgraceful, I could shoot 57% in my sleep. Turnovers were a joke, either making horrible decisions or guys drop easy passes wide open that should turn into easy layups. Offensive sets were putrid, no movement at all, everyone looked like they were sleepwalking. Worst regular season loss I can ever remember, way worse than Wright State and Toledo.

Last edited:
Izzo sat Clark most of the 2nd half after he failed to block out on an offensive rebound and put back. Just a terrible loss and it could haunt us on selection Sunday.

This team hat doesn't get it, they don't play hard.

How the hell do you let a team from the SWAC shoot 53%? And you can't chalk it up to them being unconscious from outside. They were only 4-12 from 3. I know Dawson is their best defender, but geez.

This season went from hoping they make a run in the tournament to I hope someone knocks Kentucky out of the tournament. This team will be lucky to get out of the opening weekend.

This season went from hoping they make a run in the tournament to I hope someone knocks Kentucky out of the tournament. This team will be lucky to get out of the opening weekend.

Summed up pretty well, just dont let Cheatucky win it! Ill consider that a good season.

This team might need some luck to get out of Selection Sunday with a bid.

I was only able to watch the first half but looking at the box score, there are a few things that stand out

with dawson out, these things can't happen

trice can't shoot 3 of 13
forbes can't go 1 of 9
clark has to play more than 11 minutes
wollenman can't play more than clark
you might have to hit more than 57% of your free throws

we can overcome the loss of dawson against an inferior opponent if Clark plays, he's an adequate fill in. Izzo decided to teach him a lesson and bench him and that lesson cost us a win.

also, TSU has no business beating us but I think they won their conference last year, they go on the road and play all of the top teams and then beat up on their conference. they also had a coach who at least knew MSU and the sets we run and the blueprint to beat us. again, no excuses but they are better than their record

I just read that izzo and Clark got into it on the bench and Stephens had to get in the middle of it. I was mad at izzo for almost tanking this game by sitting Clark but I get it now

I just read that izzo and Clark got into it on the bench and Stephens had to get in the middle of it. I was mad at izzo for almost tanking this game by sitting Clark but I get it now

I didnt know that, I assumed he was being overzealous as ive thought a few times before.

I didnt know that, I assumed he was being overzealous as ive thought a few times before.

now i'm reading from insiders that didn't happen, there are conflicting stories from good sources. if we don't have dawson, we really need Clark. we can't play with Wolenman at the 4

Ugh, another Bograkos/Kebler/Thornton (pre-senior year) to threaten us all with if the other players don't do what they're supposed to.

Last edited:
Ugh, another Bograkos/Kebler/Thornton (pre-senior year) to threaten us all with if the other players don't do what they're supposed to.

that was it, just listened to the post game presser and he said that it was his decision not to play clark. it sounds like he got on him at halftime and he didn't see the focus from Clark that he wanted to see so he was on the bench. we tried to get by at the 4 with Bess who was obviously gassed due to the lack of minutes and Wolenman who plays hard but he's still a walk on.

Izzo isn't afraid to lose games to teach a lesson, he did it on saturday

Back